Senior Quality Engineer / Operations ManagerApply Now
Salary: £45k - 65k per year
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 01 Jul 2019
Reference: 4374 - Apex RE
My client who is a leading specialist in the manufacture of adhesives and components for a wide range of industries including automotive, electronics, aerospace, healthcare and industrial is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Manager for their site based in the Midlands.
Quality Manager Key Responsibilities:
- New Product Introduction (Project Quality) – (APQP) taking new products from proposal / contract stage to manufacturing.
- Operational Quality – Problem resolution (Root Cause, 8D’s) – deploying corrective / preventative actions.
- Interpreting and implementing processes developed as part of APQP.
- Developing quality, industrial engineering, measurement and improvement, documenting processes.
- Developing manufacturing / business systems and processes.
- Management of audits, corrective actions, follow up of actions and management reviews.
- Supplier Quality – management and monitoring of suppliers, quality concerns, supplier development
- Operations management – management of people with a direct link to Directors to provide operational KPI updates.
Quality Manager Requirements:
- Possess an automotive manufacturing background
- Conversant in managing, maintaining and developing ISO9001, TS16949 and IATF systems / requirements
- Strong problem resolution skills utilising tools such as Root Cause Analysis and 8D
- Highly conversant in the use of core quality tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC)
- Experienced in creating quality documentation e.g. Process Flow / Control Plans
- Proficient in New Product Introduction (Project Quality) – (APQP) taking new products from proposal / contract stage through to manufacturing
- Project quality experience – generation of PPAP’s and PSW approval
- IATF 16949 Internal Auditor, systems auditing, development or implementation experience
- Experienced in managing KPI’s and performance indicators
- Proficient in carrying out risk assessments and managing them thereafter (related to ISO / IATF requirements)
- Conversant in working with continuous improvement tools i.e. Kaizen
What’s on offer:
- Alongside the competitive salary on offer you will also benefit from there being plenty of scope to make the role your own as well as opportunities to develop your career further.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION OR TO REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Richard Edwards – Account Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01926 424 154