Senior Project Engineer - Fuel SystemsApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 15 Nov 2021
Senior Project Engineer - Fuel Systems
Shift: Days – 45 hours per week
9am - 6pm Monday to Friday
Senior Project Engineer - Fuel Systems required to join a well-established company based in Woking on a permanent basis.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for producing luxury performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
Purpose of Role
- Reporting directly to the Principal Engineer you will be responsible for leading the technical definition & project / system engineering activities on all vehicle projects from concept to series-development ensuring all systems and components fulfil all the programme requirements (performance attributes cost & timing).
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering forums; Interfacing with other engineering Teams taking responsibility for integration and release of Fuel Systems within Powertrain Systems and Vehicle systems
- Working within a highly dynamic team alongside Design Engineers; ensuring development and maturity within required specifications against project gateways and deadlines.
- Influencing concepts and design delivering the application of existing & new technology on exciting new products.
Senior Project Engineer - Fuel Systems role:
- Responsibility for the delivery of owned systems to specific vehicle programmes
- Create and manage Technical Specification FMEA DVP Vehicle / System level test specs
- Manage delivery of products to meet Budgets & Expenditure Timing & Delivery Planning & allocation BOM management & tracking Engineering Releases
- Vehicle build & development support
- Chairing key vehicle project meetings
- Supplier liaison & management
- Creation and management of Technology Roadmaps
- BOM definition and management to include leading cost & weight reduction initiatives to deliver targets
- Planning, monitoring and execution of project activities to guarantee project delivery in line with MDP and gateway deliverables
- With the Principal Engineer and Project Chief Engineers, lead the design and development of the Systems to ensure optimised vehicle performance and delivery of key vehicle attributes
- Establish and control system design release (ETRS) development and validation plans in association with functional experts and in line with technical risk management processes
- Establish and give direction on supply chain in association with function group buyers SQA and logistics to ensure supplier nomination and delivery of components and systems on schedule for all phases of prototype pilot pre-production and production build
- Ensure manufacturability and compliance with quality standards of all components and systems within the defined BOM
- Manage the opening and closure of multiple engineering concerns and releases
- Respond to requests for information or specification change with assessment of risk and cost
- Lead DFM and FMEA activities to support project delivery
- Preparation and presentation of material to support and lead external and internal project status reviews
- Management of suppliers to ensure delivery to required quality & cost in line with project timelines.
Senior Project Engineer - Fuel Systems
- A high level of technical knowledge & experience of Fuel System specification design test & production
- PC literate and at ease with MS Office products
- Experienced in OEM or tier one component delivery
- Demonstrate experience of component & system design within an APQP or similar framework including FMEA component planning and PPAP Qualifications and Training
- Mechanical or Automotive Engineering Degree 2:1 or above or equivalent qualification.
- 5 years’ automotive design development & delivery experience
- Proven track record of Fuel component & system engineering
- Excellent Fuel System technical knowledge
- A background in relevant powertrain systems and attributes advantageous
- Adopts a creative & thoughtful approach to engineering problem solving (e.g., 8D or PPS) with very good attention to detail
- Excellent feasibility assessment skills including design for manufacture and DFMEA input
- Good experience in component release management and problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly with design and development groups
- Well organised delivery focused – with demonstrable record of on-time delivery
- A passion for high performance Powertrain engineering
- A positive proactive attitude self-reliant with a high level of self-motivation
- An engaging mind open to new problems outside their normal comfort zone
- A willingness to engage in debate and discussion.