Senior Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 22 Feb 2019
Reference: 4270 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are recruiting for the position of Senior Manufacturing Engineer, for a client who specialises in the design and manufacture of bespoke, advanced fabrications and thermal management systems. This is a permanent position based in Eynsham.
Role: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
Working for a company who specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke, advanced fabrications and thermal management systems. The products you are manufacturing and developing will need to perform to their best in harsh environments including; at extreme temperatures, in corrosive environments and when subject to severe vibration loads.
- Drive improvements projects that deliver robust solutions producing sound justification for Capital Expenditure as required,
- Lead the use of Risk Management & Engineering tools to deliver complete New Product Introduction projects,
- Support Quality, Procurement and Operations teams in the efficient manufacture of existing product through Root Cause Investigation, Continuous Improvement, Cycle Time Analysis, and production cell metrics & KPI’s.
- Contribute heavily to planning activity with Manufacturing Engineering Manager ensuring strong linkage and flow between current activity and future plans.
- Support other areas of the business through collaboration with Lead Engineers providing Process and Technical expertise as required.
- Support the development and growth of Manufacturing Engineers throughout the company.
- Either Apprentice or Degree Level education in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Experience in an engineering manufacturing environment.
- Honest, open and approachable with clear two-way communication skills. History of team leading desirable.
- Methodical problem solver with high attention to detail.
- Technical, hands-on approach with a solid understanding of commercial implications and requirements of high quality & regulatory manufacturing.
- Positive pro-active attitude willing to learn new skills & step outside of regular role to support business needs.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under own initiative and motivate others.
- PC Literate with MS Office applications. Ability to use or quickly learn SolidWorks CAD & EPDM, SAP Business One, and Adept.
For more information or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Stephen on 01926 424154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org