Senior Java Developer (Products)Apply Now
Salary: £50k per year
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 04 Oct 2018
Reference: 4160 - Apex TL
Apex Recruitment are recruiting for the position of Senior Java Developer for an established software company, based in Essex.
- Private Healthcare
- Free Parking
- Annual salary reviews
- Matched pension
- Flexible working hours
What you will be doing:
As a senior developer, you will be the first point of call for your team requiring clarification or guidance on how best to implement the solution. You will manage the code base ensuring high quality, consistency and good test coverage. Equally you would implement the parts of the solution best matching your experience and interests.
You will work with the team project manager to gather and convert requirements into concrete specification and development tasks. This role is looking for someone who can lead a development team through the full software development lifecycle and is eager to solve interesting problems and still write some code themselves; this is a rare chance to do both.
You would work within a fast-growing, Essex based software house with offices in the USA and Poland.
About the company:
This position will be based from the office in Essex. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions largely used by the automotive industry.
The role will give you the rare opportunity to architect and implement software projects in an environment where the software stack choices will be a product of the requirements rather than a limitation of the solution.
What we expect from you:
At least 5 years of commercial experience with Java web programming.
- Practical experience of:
- Java Application Frameworks such as Spring or Java EE.
- Analysing customer requirements and suggesting creative solutions to business problems.
- Successfully and clearly communicating with software stakeholders in face to face meetings.
- Source version control used within a team (ideally with Git).
- Aptitude for managing a development team with mixed backgrounds and skillsets.
- We are always trying to improve the quality of our software. You should have a keen eye for detail and a real passion to follow good practices.
- Effective operational proficiency with the English Language (Level C1 or better of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Experience with the following technology and practices:
- Agile development processes
- JBoss Application Server (WildFly)
- Spring (including Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data and Spring Security)
- Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs)
- Practical experience of team management