Senior Java DeveloperApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 02 Nov 2018
Reference: 4046 - Apex TL
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Java Developer, to join a well-established software company based in Coventry.
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Java Web Developer, you would be the first point of call for your team requiring clarification or guidance on how best to implement the solution. You would manage the code base ensuring high quality, consistency and good test coverage. Equally you would implement the parts of the solution best matching your experience and interests.
You would work with the team project manager to gather and convert requirements into concrete specification and development tasks. You would agree team estimates for these tasks and help to disseminate them based on your knowledge of the underlying technologies and the strengths of your team.
This role is looking for someone who can lead a development team through the full software development lifecycle and is eager to solve interesting problems and still write some code themselves.
About the company:
Our client is headquartered in the UK with additional offices in the US and Poland. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions largely used by the automotive industry.
The job will offer you an opportunity to get involved with all parts of a full software development lifecycle to craft a product that you will be proud to develop and support. The division that you will join deals with products and applications used by several large clients based in the UK, the US, and Europe.
The role will give you the rare opportunity to architect and implement software projects in an environment where the software stack choices will be a product of the requirements rather than a limitation of the solution.
What we expect from you:
At least 5 years of commercial experience with Java web programming.
- Practical experience of:
- Java Web Development
- Java Application Frameworks such as Spring or Java EE.
- Pre-processing (e.g. LESS or SCSS).
- Analysing customer requirements and suggesting creative solutions to business problems.
- Successfully and clearly communicating with software stakeholders in face to face meetings.
- Source version control used within a team (ideally with Git).
- Aptitude for managing a development team with mixed backgrounds and skillsets.
- We are always trying to improve the quality of our software. You should have a keen eye for detail and a real passion to follow good practices.
- Effective operational proficiency with the English Language (Level C1 or better of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Experience with the following technology and practices:
- Agile development processes
- JBoss Application Server (WildFly)
- Spring (including Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data and Spring Security)
- Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs)
- Practical experience of team management