Senior Java Developer - ContractApply Now
Salary: £500 - 600 per day
Location: Essex, Essex
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 13 Jul 2021
Role: Senior Java Developer
Location: Full Remote (only travel to the office if needed)
Contract type: Contract
Day Rate: £500 - £600 per day
IR35 Status: Outside IR35
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Java Developer, to join a well-established software company who are based in Coventry & Essex. This is a contract role, outside IR35 where you will be given full autonomy to deliver projects remotely.
What you will be doing:
About the company:
Our client is headquartered in the UK with additional offices in the US and Poland. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions largely used by the automotive industry.
The job will offer you an opportunity to get involved with all parts of a full software development lifecycle to craft a product that you will be proud to develop and support. The division that you will join deals with products and applications used by several large clients based in the UK, the US, and Europe.
- Working with external stakeholders to understand their requirements, demonstrate new ideas and functionality,
- Write code to enhance our array of Software Applications,
- Responsible for the delivery of multiple development projects from design through to release,
- Assist Project Managers with defining delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones from a development perspective,
- Assist with the mitigation of risks and issues ensuring they are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards,
- Work closely with relevant teams both internally and externally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems,
- Backlog refinement; supporting iteration planning; resource allocation, critical issue analysis and resolution,
- Writing code to enhance our array of software applications.
- Strong Java SE Skills,
- Good communication skills,
- Strong presentation skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels,
- A keen eye for detail and a passion to follow good practices,
- Assisting to solve complex design problems or software bugs using both logical and creative approaches,
- Strong understanding of unit testing as part of the software development cycle, following test-driven development,
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches including Agile,
- The ability to build expert knowledge within the organisation,Be a creative and innovative thinker with the ability to bring ideas to fruition.