Senior Engineering Manager - ElectricalApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 29 Jun 2020
Senior Engineering Manager – Electrical
Apex Recruitment is working with a Global Automotive OEM recruiting for the role of Senior Engineer Manager – Electrical. This is an ongoing contract role.
The role is the ‘Chief Electrical Engineer’ for (ME) Manufacturing Engineering and will be responsible for all aspects, of Electrical Engineering, including the key functions of:
- HV distribution
- LV and small power distribution including lighting
- Motor control, Controls, and Automation
Responsible for the development of the overall Electrical Engineering Strategy (EES) and its dissemination across all technologies within manufacturing, via the technology forums. The strategy will be developed to include, but not limited to: -
• Electrical Design – Responsible for the design starting at the HV input to the site, through LV distribution, lighting, HVAC & Building services, controls power, LV control systems and automation.
Develop an Electrical design and validation strategy, compliant of all regulatory and statutory requirements which will form an Electrical Standard. Own the Electrical Power and Distribution Environmental Impact Assessment and Reduction Roadmap. Responsible for total cost ownership of power consumption across all sites and generate year on year plans to drive down energy costs
• Project & Site Management – Responsible for the complete management from the initial concept, cost analysis, initial and detailed design (hardware & software), site setup, operational on site management (R&MS, supervision, snagging, commissioning and handover) and ongoing client liaison.
Be a main stakeholder in the development of the Manufacturing Operating System for Project Management. This is the standard operating system of how we project manage projects, including approach, procedures, how we manage timing, contractors, the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning, and handover phases.
• Electrical Manufacture & Installation – Responsible for the Make vs Buy strategy for all Electrical systems, Electrical and control system manufacture (in-house or via a contractor), site installation.
Define in the Electrical Engineering Strategy our approach to make vs buy. Define what electrical systems / control systems we will use for what, how this will remain open to drive competitiveness and not lock us in to any one supplier. Define clear standards that make our systems competitive and not over engineered but equally resilient to achieve the required uptime availability.
• Electrical Commissioning – Responsible for the Electrical testing and commissioning of all electrical services (to the appropriate regulation / standard) as well as the commissioning and approvals of all automation and controls to the specified and agreed auto status level.
- Spares Strategy – Develop in conjunction with the wider ME team a spare parts strategy for the company. This may be via a third-party involvement or back to holding critical spares but must look to consolidate spares across the company.
- Maintenance Strategy - Working with the wider ME team develop a maintenance strategy
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of designing, project managing, installing, and commissioning electrical services and control systems associated with major automatic plant and equipment.
- Experience in LV distribution, the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems.
- Experience in Lighting, the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems.
- Experience in control systems including motor drives and conveyors, the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems.
- Experience in PLC & SCADA systems, the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems.
- Relevant previous experience of maintaining and installing Production automation equipment.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred in either an electrical discipline