Senior Engineer General Building - 36667Apply Now
Salary: £32 - 33 per hour
Location: West Midlands, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 17 Aug 2020
Role: Senior Engineer General Building
Location: Solihull & Warwickshire
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £32 - £33 per hour
You will be responsible for delivering facility solutions, globally, across the manufacturing sites and will be responsible for leading civil engineering projects with a bias towards planning and proposals. Working across RIBA stages 0-7, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of civil engineering projects within our global construction and facility projects that will include product implementation programmes, technology innovation, legacy facility improvement projects and capital investment projects.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Develop the civil engineering strategy for the manufacturing facilities and infrastructure.
- Provide expert civil engineering technical expertise and support to manufacturing by assessing and developing the capability and capacity at their facilities and supporting equipment, aligned to the programme milestones, launch plans and production requirements.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers, and clients
- Supervise tendering procedures and put together proposals
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing of projects
- Responsibility for feasibility and cost evaluations for civil engineering on proposed new or modified facilities and processes define robust delivery plans with minimised disruption to operations.
- Typical projects include: Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations Major new build construction Strip-out and demolition of existing facilities (Inc. floor slabs, drainage, hard standing)
- Extension to existing facilities (new slabs, drainage, hardstanding, roadways)
- Major internal refurbishment of existing facilities Inc. floor slab design and replacement
- Major refurbishment / new installations of building mechanical & electrical installations
- Minor refurbishment of building facilities including offices, amenity, and catering areas
- Civil works associated with external areas i.e. roadways, drainage, new hardstanding
- Responsibility for the delivery of civil engineering solutions that are suited to the capabilities of an appropriate facility and its associated process characteristics
- Liaising with, and obtaining, statutory approvals associated with civil works and works on the highways.
- Responsibility for the delivery of robust/lean layout solutions to support facility project delivery or process/operational efficiency improvements.
- Lead and manage the support and input of all relevant stakeholders to achieve acceptance, buy-off and successful handover of new or refurbished facilities.
- Ensure compliance with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2017 for all civil engineering projects.
- Undertake any other work as directed by your line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- Essential ICE or similar civil engineering professional qualification.
- 10 years' recent UK experience working on live projects with experience across all construction types.
- Extensive construction industry experience of leading civil engineering on new-build, refurbishment, and extension schemes across all RIBA stages
- Excellent working knowledge and practical use of REVIT and AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience within the Facilities development across a variety of industries and geographies.
- Proven experience of contract and performance management and management of Services Level Agreements.
- Experience of FMEA tools, reliability and maintainability principals and an understanding of the environmental impacts of engineering solutions
- Significant contract and performance management experience including administering JCT, NEC and FIDIC standard forms of contract.
- Ability to make short presentations to work groups and senior management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. APMP, PMP or similar project management qualification.
- Knowledge and practical experience of National Building Specification (NBS) software.
- Experience and working knowledge of CAD. Practical experience up to Level 2 BIM.