Senior Engineer - Embedded SoftwareApply Now
Salary: £50k - 55k per year
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 23 Dec 2021
Senior Engineer - Embedded Software
Shift: Days – 45 hours per week
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Senior Engineer – Embedded Software required to join a well-established company based in Woking on a permanent basis.
Our client is an automotive supercar and hyper-car brand, with a global reputation for producing high performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
The Senior Engineer - Embedded Software will be involved in all of the core functional domains of high-performance products, such as Hybrid Powertrain, Transmission, Chassis, Cooling and Body control systems, offering a great opportunity of personal and technical development.
The work involves innovative E/E platform technologies (Classical AUTOSAR 4.3, Infineon Aurix Tricore), with a complex scope touching Functional Safety (up to ISO-26262 ASIL-D ASW and E2E), embedded networking (CAN, LIN, and Ethernet stack configuration), diagnostics (DoIP) and flash bootloader, Cybersecurity, optimisation (memory, task scheduling, multicore), memory partitioning, logging, and calibration (XCP) and time synchronisation (TSN).
- Reporting to the Principal Engineer – Embedded Software, the Senior Engineer - Embedded Software will work on all aspects to define, design, and deliver an embedded software platform for AUTOSAR electronic control units.
- Develop and configure AUTOSAR BSW embedded software.
- Design and implement complex device drivers
- Integration of third-party components such as MCAL, ASW components and supporting the in-house continuous integration toolchain.
- Mentor of junior software engineers
- Promote good software practice to ensure reliable, maintainable, and safe code.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver software components
Senior Engineer – Embedded Software role:
- Degree level education in a relevant Engineering discipline – electronic, software, automotive etc. with a 2:1 or above
- Very experienced in embedded C programming.
- Vast experience working in an automotive Tier 1 or OEM developing and integrating all aspects of embedded real-time AUTOSAR basic software.
- Expert use of relevant tools such as Vector Da Vinci for configuration, CANoe, CANape, and debuggers for testing.
- Excellent of coding guidelines for safe and secure application such as MISRA C
- Experience with V-model software development process and version control and configuration management
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS
- Good knowledge of Infineon AURIX processors and Vector MICROSAR software
Senior Engineer – Embedded Software
- Passion for software, electronics, and automotive control systems.
- Technical mindset with the ability to work from fundamental engineering principles
- Willingness to work in a high paced environment with flexible attitude to working hours/ business trips.