Senior Embedded Systems EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 14 Jul 2022
Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
As a member of the Electrical Systems & Controls group within this company, you will be part of a core design & development team focused on electrical systems for future road cars. The role will include the definition, development and delivery of technology roadmaps (all the way through the engineering lifecycle into production)
The position requires a highly motivated and hands-on team player with exceptional attention to detail, diligence, and a positive attitude. The fast-paced development and bespoke target platforms provide a challenging environment suited to an engineer who can quickly develop skills in new areas and liaise with other engineering teams within a multidisciplinary environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Embedded Systems Engineer:
Below are some of the systems you could own as an Embedded Systems Engineer:
- Domain Controllers
- Ethernet Switches
- Network ECUs
- Gateway Units
You will be responsible for:
- System and components specifications (including software requirements)
- BoM management
- Validation planning (DVP)
- Test specifications
- Timing plan and project management
- Supplier management
- Interfaces on CAN/LIN or Ethernet
- Systems sign-off
- Attributes delivery
For your systems, you will be responsible for delivering all required elements of the Development Process (MDP) to agreed gateway timings & cost. You will have multi system, multi vehicle responsibility and will help shape the vehicle electrical architecture.
The ideal experience for the Senior Embedded Systems Engineer:
- At least 2 years of experience of systems design & development, systems engineering & the engineering V-lifecycle within an OEM or tier 1
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong technical project management skills with proven evidence of decision making and accountability is essential.
- Previous experience of OEM or tier one electronic system management utilising all the key attributes, with a demonstrable record of delivery.
- Supplier management, comfortable with understanding and implementing requirements within the project scope.
- Documentation of Technical Specifications, DFMEA, DVP, Timing Plans, Minutes and Actions of Meetings.
- Experience with Vector automotive products (or equivalent) e.g. CANoe, CANape, CANalyser, would be advantageous.
- Experience of the Systems Development Lifecycle (V Model).
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a professional standard.
- Organised, systematic and understand the process of fault finding.
- Ability to effectively manage time between multiple projects.
- Experience with systems of responsibility within body electronics systems
- Knowledge of CAN protocols and CAN based development tools as well as other communication protocols (such as LIN and Ethernet)
- Experience and understanding of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and software
- Experience of systems testing of HMI-based systems
- Background in low volume, high performance sports or racing cars preferred
- Background in network ECUs, ECU hardware design & development and AUTOSAR is preferred
To show your interest in the Senior Embedded Systems Engineer role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.