Senior DeveloperApply Now
Salary: £45k per year
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 07 Sep 2018
Reference: 4165 - Apex TL
About the company:
Our client is a well-established software company headquartered in the UK with additional offices in the US and Poland. This position will be based from the office in Essex. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions largely used by the automotive industry.
The role will give you the rare opportunity to architect and implement software projects in an environment where the software stack choices will be a product of the requirements rather than a limitation of the solution.
What you will be doing:
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior Java developer to play an active role in our expansion within the automotive sector. The successful candidate will have worked on projects through a complete software development lifecycle from inception to delivery.
We would welcome your creativity to help design and develop new features to enhance the functionality of our applications. Additionally, you will be expected to perform 'deep dive' investigations and analysis, suggest where improvements to code and infrastructure can be made and to continue the evolution of our software.
You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects and be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct the future of the business.
What we expect from you:
At least 5 years of commercial experience with Java web programming.
- Excellent Java SE 8 and Java EE knowledge.
- Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels.
- Driven by a desire to solve complex design challenges using both logical and creative approaches.
- Effectively work together with Agile team members including product owners, RTEs, DevOps, business analysts and testers to ensure all features and User stories are delivered within an iterative framework.
- The ability to take ownership and strive to deliver a variety of technical project with positive energy and a strong desire to succeed.
- You will be degree educated in computer science or be able to show equivalent experience.
Experience with the following technology and practices:
- Understanding of various Java web frameworks
- Experience in working with Git, Gradle and other continuous integration tools
- An enthusiasm for modern development methodologies including peer development, code reviews and TDD