Senior Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 22 Mar 2019
Reference: 4305 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Design Engineer for a company that specialise in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories, based in Leamington Spa.
Senior Design Engineer - Permanent - Leamington Spa
SALARY: £47,000 - £50,000 per annum
HOURS: Monday - Thursday 7:30am-4:30pm and Friday, 7:30am - 12:30pm
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be fully conversant with Solidworks, have experience of project management and ideally have experience of designing cooking appliances.
In return for your experience and skillset our Client is offering a competitive salary in the region of £47,000 - £50,000 per annum alongside a generous 33-day holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays), auto enrolled DC pension scheme, target driven profit share bonus of up to 5%, attendance bonus, childcare vouchers, free car parking and rewards programme.
The responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer:
- Managing and motivating a multi-disciplined project team that will deliver safe, reliable and cost-effective products and features from the conceptual stage to introduction,
Managing, planning, costing and controlling a budget associated with a new or modified product or feature,
With others be a pivotal part of the business design function proposing new and improved systems and business methodologies (whether these be CAD or business wide),
Being a design lead and point of reference within the PD team capable of designing, analysing, interpreting and implementing solutions for new products, or to ensure resolution of any warranty or value analysis proposal,
Demonstrate a clear understanding and adherence to business processes and an awareness of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001,
To undertake or delegate product designs as necessary to ensure timely release designs, engineering drawings, CAD files, specifications, etc, as appropriate,
Any reasonable task associated with the efficient running of the department requested by the Departmental Manager.
This position is ideal for a motivated and confident Senior Design Engineer who can demonstrate the following:
- Ideally qualified to HNC level or above in an Engineering Discipline,
- Excellent communication skills in both the spoken and written form,
- A capable experienced and 'hands on' designer fully conversant with Solidworks and an associated PMD system,
- Be fully conversant with PD systems, materials, specifications and processes necessary for the generation and introduction of new products and features,
- Ability to effectively contribute to a project team unafraid to challenge the norm,
- Possess good analytical skills to formulate solutions and challenge assumption,
- Self-motivation and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines,
- Ability to control, manage and motivate the design office functions and personnel as required.
For more information about this role please call Stephen @ Apex Recruitment on 01926 424 154 or email Stephen@Apex-recruitment.co.uk