Senior Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: £50k per year
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 27 Jan 2022
Reference: 5221 - SW
Senior Design Engineer
A bespoke engineering company with ambitious growth plans are seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join their team in Warwick on a Permanent basis.
Our client is a leading distributor in the Engineering industry for bespoke and specialised equipment. They specialise in design, repair, and refurbishment across several sectors. They are looking to expand their engineering team and are actively seeking a dedicated individual to support a range of projects.
Reporting to the Group Engineering Manager, the successful Senior Design Engineer will be hard-working, passionate, and reliable and have experience working as a design engineer. This position would ideally suit someone that is looking to take the next step in their engineering career.
This position requires a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team and autonomously. You must be passionate, enthusiastic, confident, and personable with the ability to deliver to high standards under critical time restraints.
Senior Design Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Design and development of bespoke mechanical components and assemblies which adhere to the customer specification
- Manage projects to meet time and cost targets
- Develop 3D models and Engineering drawings for use in manufacture and customer communication (Autodesk Inventor)
- Compile and maintain Bills of Materials within CAD
- Verify the robustness and longevity of critical components and assemblies using basic hand calculations and basic static FEA analysis
- Design whilst taking into account cost effective manufacturing and ease of assembly
- Liaise with the supply base on price, delivery, quality, and technical queries
- Support with technical input for failure investigations on queries on products from client distribution portfolio
- Assist with the generation of technical documentation for tender documents or customer support information
- Support the Sales Department in the technical selection of components from client portfolio of products
- Visit customers to attend technical meetings or undertake site surveys prior to design
- Confidently using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel to produce correspondence, documents, records, and databases as needed
- To organise and prioritise own routine and non-routine daily workload
The ideal Senior Design Engineer candidate will have:
- Strong engineering problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a Design Engineer role.
- HND or engineering degree qualification (or qualified by experience)
- Enthusiastic, confident, and personable.
- Team player with the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent MS Office skills including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Able to work independently or as part of an integrated team.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working Hours: 39.45 hours per week
Contact us today for consideration for this role