Senior Design Engineer - EDSApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 03 Aug 2022
Senior Design Engineer - EDS
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
Senior Design Engineer required to join a well-established company based in Woking on a permanent basis.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for producing luxury performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
The Senior Design Engineer will join an existing Team to deliver all vehicle electronic / electrical systems including cable and electrical connectivity within the EDS discipline. Responsible for the EDS project planning, agree and deliver program targets and deliverables. Agree program design scope and support external resource planning.
Assist commercial engagement and support program targets, define program timing, deliverables, and track MDP deliverables to ensure program delivery on time and to plan. Working as the part of a small team reporting to the EDS Principal Concept lead you will be required to lead all critical MDP activities and provide weekly progress reports to detail status to the Senior EDS Manager. Continuous feedback repeat issues found into new programs as part of a continuous improvement
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer:
- Responsible for design delivery for all the vehicle electronics technical deliverables (attributes, DVP, DFMEAs, Part Release,) of the project, in accordance with Internal Processes and ISO26262 requirements.
- Engagement with program EDS manager to agree EDS commercial deliverables (D&D/Tooling/BOM costs) for the project, in collaboration with the Vehicle Line Manager.
- Help define “EDS” budgets for the project, in collaboration with the project responsible Electronics department Managers and Vehicle Line Manager.
- Represent the “EDS” department within the project team, reporting information, concerns, and milestone achievements from the department to the project and vice versa.
- External supplier engagement and governance
- Jira task tracking – Manpower planning
- Tooling life cycle
The ideal Senior Design Engineer:
- Experience within the automotive industry or similar domain experience
- Electronics/Electrical/EDS design deliverable awareness within automotive sector.
- Body/Chassis and Software/Hardware project management experience for automotive applications.
- Supplier management experience.
- Automotive market trend knowledge and experience of business model development (e.g., make vs buy).
- Arcadia/Cadonix – Harness and schematic design.
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.