Senior Design Engineer - Body & ChassisApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 May 2022
Senior Design Engineer – Body & Chassis
Location: Woking, Hybrid working (3 days per week in the office)
Shift: Days – 45 hours per week
Senior Design Engineer required to join a well-established luxury automotive company based in Woking. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
The Senior Design Engineer will join an existing Team to deliver the technical definition & project / system design activities of vehicle components on current production vehicles including Total Value Management strategy and quality/design concern resolution, ensuring all systems and components are designed to all the programme / attribute requirements.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer – Body & Chassis:
- Support packaging, concept & styling feasibility studies and detailed design.
- Represent the department in design reviews and during test and development activities if required.
- Liaison with the rest of the design and engineering community, suppliers, manufacturing engineering and R&D team.
- Design components to meet cost targets while achieving challenging performance attributes and the lowest feasible weight.
- Coordinate design work to deliver timely design releases.
- Coordination of design activities carried out in-house and at suppliers.
- Build support (prototype and functional trials)
- Develop and specify GD&T data set on CAD models or drawing taking into account all inputs from parts suppliers, assembly processes and DM studies.
The ideal Senior Design Engineer – Body & Chassis:
- Good-quality Mechanical or Automotive Engineering Degree 2:1 or above, or equivalent qualification.
- Strong passion for automotive design and development
- Sound understanding of mechanical design fundamentals
- Good material knowledge, with emphasis on high performance and lightweight materials
- Good understanding of manufacturing process & technologies
- Knowledge of assembly processes
- Good understanding of bolted and bonded mechanical joints design
- Good understanding of GD&T standards
- Experience of high and niche vehicle (low volume) programmes
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 is essential
- Understanding of FE analysis technique to drive structural design and its optimization is essential.
- Experience of CATIA V5 CPD or experience on equivalent composites design toolboxes would be beneficial.
- Experience of best drawing and modelling practises or methodologies would be beneficial.
- Ability to conduct DFMEA would be beneficial
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.