Sales Support ManagerApply Now
Salary: £45k - 55k per year + benefits and car allowance
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 27 Nov 2019
Reference: 4457 - KA
Sales Support Manager required on a permanent basis in Warwick, benefitting from a salary of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + benefits and car allowance.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Sales Support Manager to join an International engineering brand on a full-time, permanent basis. This company can be found on and around everything that moves. Manufacturing highly engineered components and systems for a wide variety of global markets.
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of employees in supporting their customers with technical enquiries, preparing professional quotes and implementing the internal Strategic Pricing Program. This is a key role to the business and the successful candidate will be responsible to promote profitable growth and to assist in improving their Win Rate.
The successful Sales Support Manager will benefit from a salary of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum and will be based at their offices in Warwick. You will benefit from a variety of bonuses as well as a car allowance.
This is a varied and challenging position for the successful candidate, which will draw from a broad range of skills including; team management, multi-tasking and problem-solving.
This role focusses heavily on analytics, data processing and future forecasting, so the ideal candidate will ideally have a strong background within these areas and be comfortable dealing with data on a day to day basis.
Sales Support Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrate Inquiry to Order: channel and prioritise all inquiries for quotes from customers and distributors
- Organise the quote preparation and follow up process, utilising differentiated service offerings, through direct and distribution models.
- Review and coordinate the implementation of their European List Prices and Emergency Pricing actions (i.e. raw materials, currency)
- Manage the discount process (target and maximum discounts) and product grouping, as per internal policies and guidelines
- Perform renewals, liaising with Sales Managers
- Manage all quote and pricing related processes in strong collaboration with the Field Sales organisation, and Divisions where appropriate.
- Provide, promote and organise a full package of technology and product training for customers and internal resources
- Ensuring the delivery of technical aspects of customer service, including product selection, applications, installation, diagnostics, troubleshooting and customer projects; requiring support from Group/Divisions as needed
- Support Divisions with information on customer and competitive pricing requirements
- Ensuring monthly tracking and reporting of Quoting and Pricing metrics, implementing actions required to meet expectations.
- Recruitment, selection, and development of team members
- Responsible for near term performance management process and long-term talent management of team members
- Responsible for Sales Co data accuracy and process quality through ITO process, utilising formal problem-solving skills to address internal issues and identifying, with data, key business process data flow / issues that affect customers experience, productivity and quality to relevant teams.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree level education in technical or business discipline
- 5 or more years of experience in a Quote or Pricing role, with at least 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role
- Analytical and technical skills required to understand business applications and to provide support and standard solutions to customers
- Functional understanding of business processes
- Experienced in deploying and coaching formal problem-solving tools/ processes
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprises principles and practices
- Ability to manage projects across the organization with strong interpersonal, influencing and networking skills
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen eye for detail, hold strong leadership and management skills at international level and have experience in developing and coaching a team.
You will be liaising with external customers on a regular basis so will need to have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
A full UK driving licence would be required for this position as occasional travel within the UK may be required.
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5.00pm – 1-hour lunch