Sales EstimatorApply Now
Salary: £25k - 30k per year
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 10 Jul 2019
Reference: 4380 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are exclusively recruiting for the position of Sales Estimator, for a client, based in Coventry.
Role: Sales Estimator
Contract type: Permanent
Days: 7:30am-4:00pm Mon-Thu, 7:30am-12:30pm Fri
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000+ DOE
Specialising in the Aerospace, Defence & Marine industries, this company specialise in precision fabrication and CNC machined components.
This role will be working, predominantly, with existing clients, managing accounts and providing tenders & quotes within the defence and marine sectors. You will be dealing with existing customer enquiries and this role will be ideal for someone looking to progress into a lead estimator role.
- Developing order book growth, estimating projects, working with customers, and suppliers.
- Developing and making presentations of company products and services to current and potential customers.
- Using Customer portals to receive and manage enquiries.
- Maintaining sales activity records.
- Monitoring and reporting on quotation activities including commercial KPI’s and reporting to management.
- Preparing cost budgets and cost estimates for existing and potentially new customers.
- Preparing well-written proposals for each client, adhering to client requirements.
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline.
- Making sales calls to existing customers and generating new client referrals.
- Progressing and determining status of all tenders submitted and report accordingly.
- Preparing and submitting regular management information on enquiries and quotations and their progress and performance.
- Ensuring supplier enquiries are placed sufficiently early and quotes are received in good time for bid analysis enabling the client to collate and submit their tenders on time.
- Preparing and delivering job cards for manufacturing and purchasing of key equipment and materials when required.
- You will ideally have a strong understanding of manufacturing techniques and processes, ideally working with aluminium,
- You will predominantly be managing existing accounts within the defence and marine sectors,
- You will ideally have experience of working with heavy armoured vehicles,
- Proven ability to achieve given targets.
- Knowledge of the Aerospace and Defence industry is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of dealing with Tier one OEM customers.
- Able to read and interpret engineering Drawings and specifications.
- Have good technical and commercial knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to plan, schedule and strategize.
- Must be ambitious, dynamic, confident, adaptable and able to communicate at all levels, from management through to shop floor, customers and suppliers.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
For more information about this role please give Stephen a call on 01926 424 154 or email Stephen@apex-recruitment.co.uk If this sounds like your perfect role please click Apply Now!
Remember! We have an attractive referral scheme for all successful referrals.