Safety Vehicle Programme EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25.54 - 25.54 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 13 Mar 2018
- As part of a small supportive team, the candidate will be a lead a cross-functional team from the start of a unique and exciting vehicle programme, responsible for one or more of the following test modes:
- Front Impact, Side Impact, Rear Impact, Rollover, Pedestrian Impact, Interior Head Impact. Crash Sensing, Active Safety.
- He / she will enjoy developing concepts through processes, creatively solve problems, steer virtual assessments, hands-on testing, manage projects and then prove all that hard work by destroying expensive prototypes through high energy crash testing
- Applicants should be familiar with all aspects of the vehicle architecture
- Applicants should be familiar with Vehicle Safety Integration activity and testing activity
- A working knowledge of corporate and legal vehicle safety standards is required
- Applicants should be qualified to degree level or equivalent or should have a significant amount of relevant practical experience
- The individual must have effective communication skills and be able to face off to various levels throughout the business including suppliers.
- A good understanding of basic physics / mechanical principles is required.
- An understanding of CAE tools and techniques would be advantageous. Candidates should have a high level of computer literacy.
- He / she should be able to demonstrate their ability to work in a team environment, and with minimum supervision.