SERP EngineerApply Now
Salary: £23 per hour
Location: Whitley, Berkshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 24 May 2019
Position: SERP Engineer
Rate: £23.00 per hour
Contract: Rolling yearly contract
Our client, an ever-evolving automotive manufacturer with an impressive heritage and truly exciting future, is currently looking for a unique individual with a structured and methodical approach. Working within a small, specialist team to virtually evaluate future model designs to assess the serviceability and feasibility for service repair processes. The successful candidate will take pride in working on whole vehicles belonging to two of the world’s most iconic brands.
As a company that is passionate about engineering, our client continually pushes the boundaries of innovation and redefines the benchmark for excellence. We’re therefore looking for a likeminded individual who will strive for excellence and be an advocate of the brand.
You will be responsible for assessing and developing the design proposals of Vehicle and Powertrain programmes using virtual and CAD tool sets. Taking into consideration reducing warranty costs, reducing maintenance and repair costs as well as the brands reputation for quality you will be working in the early stages of a products design life cycle.
The Service Evaluation Repair Process (SERP) Engineer will be required to do the following:
- Examine design proposals on new vehicle programmes for potential serviceability issues.
- Work closely with service representatives from the Technical Service department to feedback potential serviceability issues to the vehicle programme team.
- Carry out digital tool feasibility assessments.
- Carry out ergonomic feasibility assessments.
- Carry out vehicle component removal and installation feasibility assessments using both virtual and CAD tool sets.
- Where feasibility issues arise, the SERP (Service Evaluation Repair Process) Engineer is required to communicate with specific product development teams to recommend changes and validate proposals.
- Create removal and installation processes to the trust mark authoring standards including; labour times to support issues and service requirements.
- Represent the Service organisation in the design engineering communities, in forums such as Package Meetings, Must Resolves, Design Reviews and Virtual Build Events.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive experience of whole vehicle maintenance including knowledge of servicing and repair techniques,
- Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle service, maintenance and repair techniques.
- Good working knowledge of vehicles, vehicle systems and an understanding of the latest vehicle technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written is essential.
- Flexibility & ability to work in fast moving/changing environment.
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to work proactively both individually or as part of a team.
- Good level of IT literacy and the ability to analyse and present data using IT systems.
- Working in a fast-paced environment it is essential that you are enthusiastic about your work, able to deliver results and respond well to new ideas and inputs.
- You will have a passion for the automotive industry and be looking continually improve the quality of documentation for technicians, dealerships and manufacturers.
- You will have strong communication skills and the ability to demonstrate logic and analytical thinking.
- Able to deliver quality work, consistently, while working under pressure in a highly demanding environment.