Robot ProgrammerApply Now
Salary: £32.50 - 33.00 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 25 Jan 2021
£32.50 - £33.00 per hour.
Robot Programmer required to join a leading Manufacturing Engineering department in Solihull.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Robot Programmer to join their team based in Solihull.
The Robot Programmer will be responsible for the development of Robot Programs, from first load of OLP through to 100% at Cycle time to company standards for all upper body inner zones. The successful Robot Programmer will be confident in creating formal documentation for Robot related tasks as well as the ability to resolve faults and conduct fault finding processes.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Robot Programmer
- Creating formal documentation for Robot related tasks, including training packages for the end user
- Development and implement software that will control robots
- Perform integration tests and document results
- Monitor the use of robotic systems then use this information to optimise the functionality
- Troubleshoot robot issues in an automation environment
- Resolution of faults and robust fault-finding processes
- Set up, optimise, program & commission joining technologies including sound knowledge of SCA adhesive systems
Required Skills of the Robot Programmer
- ABB Trained on SafeMove2
- Sound knowledge of CAD/CAM software
- Developing and integrating OLP’s
- Previous experience of improving productivity, optimising, and improving robotic systems
- Third party interface development experience