Road Tester / Quality ControllerApply Now
Salary: £28k - 33k per year + Benefits
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 16 May 2019
Reference: 4337 - KA
A highly regarded Classic Car company with an international reputation for car restoration are looking for a talented Quality Controller / Road Tester to join their team in Bridgnorth, offering the right candidate a salary in the region of £30,000 per annum (negotiable upon experience).
This position is ideal for Classic car enthusiasts with an eye for detail, who take pride in their work and have exceptional eye for detail! In return for your hard work you will receive the security of a permanent position within an established and successful company, a competitive salary, a fantastic pension scheme, bonus schemes, 28 days holiday AND overtime paid at uplifted rates of pay.
The role will be varied and challenging requiring a broad range of vehicle inspection and quality control skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be a methodical, confident driver who is able to distinguish various faults or issues while road testing a vehicle
- To observe vehicle performance
- Working independently, you will be responsible for performing the final checks both mechanical and cosmetic, on a variety of vehicles, ensuring that the correct levels of repair meet our high standards
- Reporting findings on mechanic and cosmetic repairs
- Following a set-criteria for carrying out a full inspection on recently prepared vehicles
- Systematic and organised; pays attention to the finer details
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- City and Guilds or NVQ or equivalent in a relative automotive discipline is desirable
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence and must have their own transport
- Previous hands on automotive technical experience is essential
- Knowledge of quality control processes
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but is not essential
- Must have whole vehicle knowledge
40 hours per week, however, start time and finish times are flexible between the following hours:
Monday to Friday: 7.30am-5.30pm
Overtime may be available throughout the year and is paid at time and a half once 40 hours has been completed Monday-Friday.