Re-manufacturing Lead Engineer (Chassis)Apply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 18 Jul 2018
Reference: 4105 - Apex CG
Role: Re-manufacturing Lead Engineer (Chassis)
We are recruiting for a world leading, automotive company where career development opportunities are unparalleled. Their growth over the past 5 years has been unmatched and this growth shows no sign of slowing. They are continuing to invest, expand and develop new and exciting products. They are now seeking to increase their permanent head count, and this is where you fit in.
The role of Re-manufacturing Lead Engineer (Chassis) is integral to ensuring that their customers continue to receive an exceptional driving experience.
The role in a nutshell:
- The Product Management department is an integral part of the Commercial and Customer Retention department within the Global Customer Service division of MS&S. Its primary function is to facilitate the delivery of Product that will contribute to Global Revenue/Profit targets, through understanding market needs/problems and creating/implementing programmes to help Regions, NSCs and Importers to generate increasing levels of Revenue, Profit and Retention.
- The department identifies opportunities to further develop Business Revenue and bring them to fruition.
- This role is to enhance the Remanufacturing (Reman) portfolio which in turn will increase revenue / profit and return substantial material cost savings to our client. The Reman Lead engineer will act as technical lead for Reman products defined by a business case, the role is required to liaise with a number of business functions to deliver a quality Reman part that has been signed off by STA.
- The role will liaise with the Reman development team, Aftermarket Purchasing, engineering, suppliers and STA to deliver the project on time.
- This role will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Reman engineering for the given commodity i.e. Engines, Transmissions, Driveline, Electrical, Chassis and Body.
What you will be doing:
- Liaise with reman development team to understand reman project priority and required timings
- Collate and review new product warranty data and failure modes which may impact reman
- Manage / deliver the engineering activity for Reman programmes within the required gateways
- Liaise with APC on future technologies
- Maintain & Develop MPNR Mandatory/Potential List (adding new product/technologies)
- Release RM pre-prefix WERS part numbers as required by future commodity and to support current programme projects (maximise core recovery)
- Co-ordinate with Commodity Engineers to provide product specific technical expertise
- Co-ordinate with Commodity Engineers to ensure OE product failure modes are understood and addressed within reman
- Develop and manage Reman Engineering/Service standards in SDOTS
- Understand PCDS and develop Reman process within PCDS (left shift design for reman, reman earlier in PLC)
- Achieve target material cost for reman
- Create/approve documented reman BoMs
- Create/approve documented reman specifications
- Approve supplier reman process proposals
- Create drawings for reman assemblies and reman unique sub components (using CAD)
- Manage & review supplier DFMEA creation
- Produce PFMEA documents (or manage supplier PFMEA creation) to ensure risks are mitigated
- Create SCSS (or manage supplier SCSS creation)
- Define EoL testing requirements and/or evaluate and approve supplier EoL test proposals.
- Manage test (Reman sample) product testing and validation
- Monitor and improve reman product quality
- Assist AMP with Reman supplier selection
- Study and apply industry best practice
- Ensure continuous learning by carrying out prevent recurrence (Forward model) activities in order to address systemic Reman quality issues. Track using AIMS
- Investigate and advise on product interchangeability effects at design level change to assist in worn core identification and segregation
- Work with the Reman Operations to maximise optimise core recovery
- Apply Poke Yoke methodology as required to remanufacturing processes
- Advise 'Best Practice' for process solutions using disciplined methodology e.g. 6 sigmas
- Define Quality Processes for Reman
- Support STA to develop Reman supplier capability
- Work with NSC teams (i.e. local engineers & STA) in support of local remanufacturing projects
- Identify, calculate and advise engineering costs by project
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What we expect from you:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You'll be highly organised and meticulous in planning. You'll have excellent attention to detail, plus you'll be a confident and effective multitasker. You'll be process-orientated, resilient and enthusiastic. In addition, you'll be able to deliver results under pressure, while responding constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- Previous experience and expertise in the specification, delivery, installation and launch of parts, preferably in an automotive environment
- Previous experience with parts release systems
- Knowledge of problem solving tools e.g. Root Cause Analysis, 8 Disciplines of problem solving, Design of Experiments and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in Manufacturing
- Travel - Current driving licence and Passport (occasional visits to suppliers and major Markets may be required from time to time; flexibility is required)
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience with Remanufacturing techniques and processes
- Automotive commercial experience
- Microsoft package elements Visio/project, Power Point and Excel
- Knowledge of whole vehicle engineering knowledge and cross functional experience
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player who supports team members
- Have good analytical skills
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style