Quantity SurveyorApply Now
Salary: £26 - 27 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 17 Nov 2020
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Solihull with travel required.
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £26.00 - £27.00 per hour
- You will be responsible for cost estimating, managing the tender process, valuations and regular reporting to our internal customers as well as facilitating cost control from inception through to completion for the projects you are working on.
- With support from a senior, you will also be expected to advise on contracts, warranties, professional appointments, and all other legal aspects of projects.
- This role will support our clients global manufacturing strategy and deliver world class facility solutions through product implementation programmes, technology innovation and legacy facility improvement projects.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- Quantity Surveying degree, or a relevant qualification.
- Working Knowledge of applicable industry contract standards.
- Full pre and post contract knowledge and experience.
- A sound engineering and manufacturing background with previous experience in cost and commercial management for Facilities Development in Engineering.
- Proven experience and understanding of facilities processes, equipment, and leading technologies,
- Experience of reliability and maintainability principals and an understanding of the environmental impacts of engineering solutions.
- Responsible for providing commercial and contractual administration of numerous projects, including identifying opportunities offering best value to the customer, maximising profitability, and limiting commercial risk.
- Preparing variation estimates, cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurements and contracts.
- Preparation of interim and final accounts.
- Attend site meetings as and when required, to provide input and support to the project.
- Commercial reporting and cost forecasting.
- Assess feasibility of new facilities and processes, development, and management of projects for cost.
- Complete feasibility and cost evaluations for proposed new or modified facilities and processes define robust delivery plans with minimised disruption to operations.
- Develop engineering solutions that are suited to the capabilities of appropriate facility and its associated process characteristics as directed Develop robust/lean layout solutions to support facility project delivery or process/operational efficiency improvements
- Manage Contractors in strict accordance with procedures.
- Contribute to the on-going Environmental Innovation and Reporting (Energy, Water, Waste) compliance with company standards
- RICS / CIOB qualification or working towards the qualification,
- Experience of delivering both operational and strategic transactional and Facilities Management solutions across an array of engineering sites, buildings, and customer types,
- Experience within the Facilities development across a variety of industries and geographies,
- Contract and performance management experience.