Quantity SurveyorApply Now
Salary: £60k per year
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 27 May 2021
Apex Recruitment is working on an Exclusive basis with a long-established building contractor who are currently experiencing significant levels of growth. With sites located across Kent, they are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their team to act as the “number 2” to the existing Director. This is a newly created role and has been created to assist with the ongoing growth of the business. The working location of this role is not set but the preferred location is Kent however there is some flexibility around working from home for a portion of the week
The business is part of a larger holding company that has land interests around much of the UK and is seeking to expand its market share and to look for new and exciting land development opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a financially robust business with the potential to help drive growth within the business.
1. Prepare take-off for the works to establish budgets and build-up of costs.
2. Handle enquiries and place orders for subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants
3. Verify, re-measure, and undertake certification of subcontractor payments.
4. Valuation of works and collation of associated documentation for CVR
5. Prepare cash forecast against programmes including updating these through the
build as works proceed.
6. Working with site managers, senior project managers and financial control
7. Working with advisors to prepare and co-ordinate contract, subcontract and warranty
Personal skills and attributes
1. Must possess a sound knowledge of building and construction methods.
2. Good knowledge of site construction phases and CDM requirements.
3. Sound knowledge of the planning process.
4. Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally, clearly concisely and
understand the business and customer requirements.
5. Possess sound IT skills including MS Excel.
6. This is a field-based role – candidates can expect to undertake UK travel (Mainly
Kent) and occasional travel for training where necessary.
7. Previous experience and exposure ideal to this role will include, but not limited to:-
Architects, Structural Engineers, M&E Engineers, Property Developers
Qualification and Training
Educated to HNC / HND Level in building studies or equivalent which may include:-
- Building or construction
- Civil or structural engineering