Quality TechnicianApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 03 Sep 2018
Reference: 4167 - Apex SG
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 per annum - depending on experience
Hours of work: Monday - Thursday; 07:30 - 16:00 & Friday; 07:30 - 12:30
Holiday package: 25 days plus 8 statutory days
What you will be doing:
- As the quality control technician your job would be to check that the company's products meet both the customers' and the BSI quality standards. You will also help to set up and manage quality control systems for the business.
- The primary function of the quality technician is to provide full support to the production and engineering team at a quality level so that to ensure full traceability and sub tier control is achieved.
- To enable this to be achieved the successful candidate will have the sole backing of the management team in their development.
Primary functions will include:
- Generate specific test reports for in house functions such as proof load, and weight testing.
- Act as an external quality point of contact for our customer and supplier base.
- Full control and ownership of calibration and testing of inspection equipment.
- Total ownership of the business NCR database so that to report and reject nonconforming product to the relevant sub tier company.
- Perform internal audits on a monthly basis of the various departments within the business.
- Be involved with external audits with BSI and specific customers.
- Preparing and reporting both customers, in house and sub tier NCR statistics to the management team on a monthly basis.
- Conduct 5Why analysis in order to find the root cause and trends of non-conforming product.
- Control and ownership of the specification register and quality management system.
- Manage the approved supplier register with day to day interaction with the projects team.
- Issuing quality documentation packs, such as FAIR, ISIR and PPAP.