Quality InspectorApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 09 Aug 2018
Reference: 4127 - Apex SG
An aspiring CMM/ Romer Arm Quality Inspector is required with experience of setting, programming and operating a Romer Arm within an advanced manufacturing/automotive environment.
Due to the growth of this company, a first-choice supplier for prototype and low to medium volume production for high end Automotive OEMs, requires a driven CMM/ Romer Arm Quality Inspector to support the team in their continued development of luxury components.
Reporting to the Quality Engineer, this role supports the Quality department on reactive quality engineering activities.
What you will be doing:
- Setting up, programming and operating Romer arm's, CMM's and GOM Machines
- Modifying current programs
- Work with support teams for CMM or Faro Arm issues
- Collect and input data
- Complete Scrap Paperwork
- Use of analysis tools to help make decisions on rejects
- Raising Material Reviews (MRs)
- Sign off Tooling Control Sheets to verify they have been done by operators
- Layered Process Audits (LPA) to reduce scrap and improve quality
- Support Engineers with analysis data collected
What we expect from you:
- Experience within an advanced manufacturing environment, ideally within the Automotive industry
- Experience carrying out a similar role within an advanced manufacturing facility
- Must be driven and dynamic in order to drive the quality department forward