Quality EngineerApply Now
Salary: £47k per year
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 13 Apr 2022
Quality Engineer required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on a permanent basis paying a salary in the region of £47,000 per annum plus benefits (negotiable dependant on experience).
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of master craftsmen offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
We are looking for a Quality Engineerwho will assist in maintaining the highest levels of quality associated with our client’s brand. The key responsibility of this role is to drive continual improvement using recognised problem-solving methodologies. The successful Quality Engineer will be involved in all Quality aspects of the build from Body in White through to End of Line Audit.
In return, the successful Quality Engineerwill join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern bright and airy facility. Benefitting from a permanent opportunity the successful Quality Engineer will receive a salary in the region of £47,000 per annum (negotiable on experience) as well as a range of employee benefits whilst working a Day Shift Monday to Friday.
The duties and responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- Provide first hand support in all areas of problem solving, preferably with experience in a recognised problem-solving methodology
- Work with the inspection department and manufacturing team to resolve non-conformances and harness learning for future reference in design for ease of manufacture.
- To help with and drive the decision-making process and containment of faults with the Engineering team and assembly areas
- Report all quality concerns directly to appropriate stakeholders and lead drive for resolution
- Proactively lead problem solving activities for quality concerns and component failures
- Maintain inspection control procedures
- Support the creation and auditing of operational work and check sheets
The ideal Quality Engineer:
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for niche vehicle production and brand requirements.
- Understanding of complex vehicle systems as well as vehicle assembly processes including BiW
- Identifying resolutions for product related issues, ensuring all quality targets are achieved
- Have the ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority is crucial.
- A degree in mechanical / automotive engineering or similar or equivalent experience in a similar role
- The successful candidate may need to travel to off-site development facilities, within the UK and throughout Europe, therefore a flexible approach to travel is required
- Must have the determination to drive forward the business to ‘Best in Class’ performance standards in line with brand expectations and be a lateral thinker able to think outside of the box to make structured and objective decisions
- Must have great attention to detail
- Energetic, proactive, calm under pressure, personable and mature personality
- Strong team-worker – ability to thrive in a small, closely-knit team
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Friday: 8.00am – 17.00pm
Pay: In the region of £47,000 per annum + Benefits
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.