Quality EngineerApply Now
Salary: £35k per year + Pension and Healthcare
Location: Buckingham, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 24 Feb 2021
Reference: KA - 4792
Quality Engineer required to join a large, well established company based in Buckingham on a permanent basis, paying circa £35,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Our client is a world leading automotive supply chain business operating in over 24 countries.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all products conform to agreed quality needs. You will also be required to pinpoint where improvements can be made to current/new product introductions.
You will support the development of quality assurance methods for both product and process. Your role will also require you to action non-conformances and defects using problem analysis procedures with key accountability for implementation of corrective / preventative action(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Co-coordinate and communicate quality issues between engineering, purchasing, operations and suppliers
- Work to improve the inspection, measurement and monitoring process for incoming goods to assure right first time at point of assembly
- Review and validate the supplier inspection reports and initial sample reports using appropriate inspection equipment
- Supporting the evaluating of non-conformances and recommending solutions including corrective action and future preventative action(s)
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers for concerns raised and non-conforming products and following the appropriate returns procedures to ensure validation of, or return of parts to supplier as required
- Supporting Production Engineering team with development of quality plans in line with new product introduction
- Regarding Safety and Health, you will be responsible for completing required safety training, reporting and correcting any unsafe practices as appropriate, completing work activities in a safe manner, and complying with safety and health requirements for respective position
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Effective communicator and good interpersonal skills at all levels in an organisation
- Capable of applying problem solving techniques - 8D, FMEA, 5 Y’s etc
- Methodical, analytical and detailed approach to investigating quality issues
- A minimum 5 years’ experience within a quality role
- Minimum of ONC qualified in Engineering or 7 years’ experience within an automotive, aerospace or other manufacturing and assembly environment; product base must be electro-mechanical
- Will have a high degree of competency in reading and applying Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances
- CMM (manual) operational experience together with operational experience of handheld precision measurement apparatus
- Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills required
In return the business offers great job security and a pension and healthcare scheme. Additionally, you will benefit from an early finish on a Friday.
Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours a week