Quality EngineerApply Now
Salary: £40k - 45k per year
Location: Belper, Derbyshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 26 Jul 2022
Location: Belper, Derbyshire
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Our client has earned a global reputation for quality, performance, and passion, leaving . Established in the 1990’s, they are proud of its internationally renowned brand, products, services and British engineering. With racing roots, their race vehicles travel the world, creating excitement and passion for customers and their team. Leading technology and craftsmanship, they deliver high quality vehicles and innovative engineering solutions with an unrivalled spirit.
The ideal Quality Engineer would have the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style. An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment. This role will interface with suppliers to ensure quality and delivery performance meet current and future business requirements. With a key focus on enhancing supplier capability through achieving continuous improvements in delivery, this role will involve engaging suppliers, diagnosing their systems issues and working to develop the action plans to help achieve best practice.
Quality Engineer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the team to deliver sustainable quality and delivery and performance improvements
- Apply lean tools and techniques as part of an integrated approach for supplier development improvement activities
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project objectives are delivered
- Provide support, project management and facilitation for the supplier development by promoting performance improvement
- Develop business diagnostic activities within the supplier to establish current baseline performance of the supplier
- Utilise APQP and PPAP principles for new and existing projects, in both internally and externally sourced components as required by customer.
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing Sales and Service, Engineering and Manufacturing functions to understand customer and product requirements.
- To provide support on physical measurement as required, using metrology skills and experience to validate product and processes
- To lead Supplier Development activities.
- Compile Quality report on findings and track 3rd party inspection costs, which can be either at customer or internally.
- To prepare and maintain supporting documentation for external and internal quality audits.
- To act as first point of call for internal and external issues or improvements and cascade accordingly.
The Ideal Quality Engineer:
- Ideally have experience in the Automotive Industry
- A positive, enthusiastic, resilient, results-driven mindset
- Background in Manufacturing/Operations
- Previous and knowledge and practical deployment of lean tools
- Proven experience in process/value stream mapping
- Experience of system improvement with manufacturing process
- Strong Quality Engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of working to: PPAP, APQP, FMEA, MSA, SPC etc.
- Proven experience with problem solving techniques / root cause analysis including 8D or similar
- Ability to flowchart processes conduct PFMEA's and control plans
- Computer literate - comfortable using ERP software and MS Office on a daily basis
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to analyse and break down complex, multidimensional problems or processes into its key elements to achieve common goals
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
- Experience with CMM's
We’re looking to speak with suitable Quality Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team