Purchasing SupervisorApply Now
Salary: £25k - 30k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 09 Jun 2021
An independent and innovative engineering business, based on the outskirts of Leamington Spa are currently seeking a Production Engineer to join their team on a Permanent basis, paying an excellent salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience. (Plus, pension and 24-days annual leave – increasing with service plus Bank Holidays).
As part of their strategy for growth, they are currently seeking a dedicated and professional Purchasing Supervisor, to join their Engineering Team.
The successful candidate will be hard-working, passionate about engineering and above all else, reliable.
This position requires a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team. The key duties and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Identify new opportunities and negotiate timescales and costs with suppliers
- Purchase all materials for prototype, production & operational activities
- Liaise with accounts department to ensure that invoices match prices agreed with suppliers
- Liaise with international suppliers ensuring timely and effective delivery and stock quality
- Support engineering and manufacturing departments to realise opportunities and mitigate concerns.
- Ensure stock levels are correct and sufficient for production and sales needs
The ideal Purchasing Supervisor will have:
- Experience within a Purchase Management role
- Experience of Cim50, or similar stock control system
- A background in stock management
- Contract negotiation and supplier management experience
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and be of a personable disposition
- Excellent numeracy skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently or as part of an integrated team
- Full driving licence
- Experience of importing and exporting goods worldwide would be a bonus
- Engineering or production background would be a bonus
40 hours per week
£25,000- £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
If you want to be part of a genuinely friendly and professional team, with a passion to deliver excellent customer service then this could be the job for you. Apply today for more details