Purchasing CoordinatorApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 20 Jul 2022
Reference: 5520 - SW
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a leading manufacturing company as a Purchasing Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team of professionals that provide an excellent service to their clients.
The Purchasing Coordinator role would be offered on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Purchasing Coordinator you will be supporting the purchasing team and effectively managing the supply of materials, parts and products across the client. You will become a key point of contact for customers and suppliers, who may need assistance with orders, requests and queries.
PURCHASING COORDINATOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Raise Purchase orders directly or via the approved requisitions process for Finished Goods; Services, Raw Materials and Consumable items and communicate the requirements to Suppliers.
- Take some responsibility for allocated areas of Direct/Indirect Spend
- Help to evaluate and select suppliers to get the best match for the business need.
- Source raw materials and services to either replace or as a benchmarking tool to seek out cost saving opportunities, improve quality or meet regulatory requirements.
- Benchmark, monitor and audit suppliers on price, quality, delivery and capability criteria
- Expedite deliveries on time sensitive orders to ensure requested deliveries dates are on schedule.
- Chase late deliveries identified as creating production or operational issues.
- Clear Invoice Queries which cannot be First Time Matched by the Accounts Department.
- Raise Part Numbers for new items to be purchased and log on the system.
- Deal with general supplier and order queries and record any changes. To also ensure Supplier, product or order details are kept up to date.
- Update Current costs in line with price movements. To record price change history.
- Product Sourcing to support Purchasing team members.
- Maintain and update ISO Certificate and general Supplier information
- Manage and supply information required by client Auditors on an ‘as and when’ basis.
- Provide general administrative support to Purchasing Team members.
THE IDEAL PURCHASING COORDINATOR WILL HAVE:
- Must have previous experience working in a Purchasing / Buying environment (6months plus would be ideal)
- Experience using resource planning software’s
- Must have good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Purchasing experience within a manufacturing/production industry would be an advantage