Purchasing AssistantApply Now
Salary: £25k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 18 Dec 2020
Purchasing Assistant required on a full time, Permanent basis in Leamington Spa, benefitting from a salary of £25,000 per annum.
Our client, a large, well-established manufacturing company that specialises in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories, based in Leamington Spa.
They are currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant to join their team on a Permanent basis in Leamington Spa.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience providing administrative support, ideally within a purchasing department.
PURCHASING ASSISTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Raise purchase orders as required
- Handle any incoming queries, aiming to reduce the volume of queries by finding the root cause and then developing a solution to them
- Maintaining current agreed Material Management Agreements (MMAs) and make adjustments in conjunction with the forecast build plan
- Monitor supplier performance and drive improvement
- Setting up of suppliers and managing their accreditation status
- Resolving late payment queries
- Providing effective admin support to the Supply Chain team
- Managing reject notes and raising PIN tickets, following these through to closure
- Ensure adherence to all company policies
We are interested to see the CVs of people who have experience with the following skills and attributes:
- Possess strong communications skills-verbal and written
- Be a team player who is willing to develop and co-ordinate activities through all departments
- Be tenacious and passionate about providing good customer service
- Have the ability to build strong work relationships, both internally and externally
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications and the ability to pick up new systems quickly and efficiently
- Has the ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
- Must be a self-motivated individual
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment and preferably a purchasing background
- A qualification within purchasing would be advantageous
39-hour working week