Purchasing Assistant / AdministratorApply Now
Salary: £20k - 25k per year
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 13 May 2022
Reference: 5467 - RC
Purchasing Assistant / Administrator required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on a Temp to Perm basis paying a salary in the region of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a pro-active procurement team offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road-worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
The successful Purchasing Assistant / Administrator will join a small team within the Procurement department and be responsible for supporting all administrative tasks within the purchasing team including the generation and administration of Purchase Orders, active communication with suppliers, chasing suppliers for information and progress checks as well as providing general administrative support to the wider team.
In return, the successful Purchasing Assistant / Administrator will join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern facility. Working a Day Shift, Monday to Friday the Purchasing Assistant / Administrator will benefit from a salary in the region of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum joining the team on an initial contracting basis with the opportunity of a Permanent contract following a successful contracting period. This is an ideal position for a Purchasing Assistant / Administrator who is looking for personal development within a small team.
The duties and responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant / Administrator:
- Purchase order generation and administration
- Ensure Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) is accurate and up to date and resolve issues as required
- Developing good relationships with suppliers to ensure demand for materials is made and deliveries made on time
- Help with the general administrative tasks for the wider team supporting the Buyers
- System resolutions including PO issue amendments
The ideal Purchasing Assistant / Administrator:
- Experience within a manufacturing industry would be highly desired preferably within automotive manufacturing.
- Previous experience or exposure within a purchasing role or similar is essential
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar is highly desired
- Experience generating purchase orders and possess strong attention to detail along with a high level of computer literacy and competence
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on team work
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn with a can-do attitude
- Driven individual looking for career progression
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Friday: 8.00am –17.00pm (45-minute lunch break)
Pay: in the region of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Key Skills: Automotive Purchasing Assistant / Administrator / Procurement / MRP / Purchase orders / BoM / Supplier Development / Low-volume manufacturing / Niche Automotive
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.