Prototype Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: £23.50 - 25.30 per hour
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 09 May 2022
Prototype Design Engineer
Location: Whitley, Coventry
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: up to £25.30 D.O.E.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Prototype Design Engineer to be primarily responsible for the design of unique prototype components to support all of the early physical prototype builds for out automotive OEM client.
As part of a highly skilled team of design engineers, you’ll be responsible for developing innovative new content to create prototype properties suitable for test and development. The Design Engineer role also includes roll over protection systems, vehicle camouflage and other equipment to support tests. This role is closely linked with the Additive Manufacturing Centre and BIW fixture design team and will offer design support to both areas when required.
You’ll work closely with various stakeholders including Body CAE and Prototype Manufacturing teams to ensure designs comply with DFM and that the prototype property delivers the target attributes. This is an exciting opportunity to experience whole vehicle engineering and provide exposure to the key areas that influence vehicle development.
Prototype Design Engineer Skills Required:
- Generate 3D/2D prototype CAD solutions to support critical build test and development.
- Deliver body in white/trim and final design in accordance with vehicle attributes
- Managing parts in lifecycle software such as iPLM, Teamcenter and Catia V5/V6.
- Proficient IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools
- Proficient user of Catia V5 and have experience in Lifecycle Management
- Evidence of creating design concept proposals
- Ability to analyse and present data lead engineers and seniors Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Prototype Design Engineer Experience Preferred:
- Catia V6 and iPLM
- Technical knowledge of vehicle systems, bill of process and prototype vehicle assembly
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive components or systems and sub-systems across entire vehicle
- Design experience in low volume tooling
- Previous experience of working within a prototype build environment would be beneficial but not essential
We’re looking to speak with suitable Prototype Design Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team