Project Test Engine EngineerApply Now
Salary: £22.74 - 22.74 per hour
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 19 Feb 2018
- The Power Train Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) department are responsible for the development and introduction of new and modified processes and facilities associated with new model introductions and model year changes, within Assembly & Test.
- You will be a key part of the Engine Test team, working closely with Product Development Engineers, Facility vendors and Tooling Suppliers to ensure that component and whole engine designs meet world class quality and efficiency standards.
- Engine Testing covers Dynamometer Testing, Hot Run, Cold Test and In Process Test Equipment.
- Recent experience of engine (Diesel and Petrol) testing in Dynamomter cells including cell engineering activites and direct operational support Project Engineering experience against specific projects with defined milestones and specific objectives
- Full capability to utilise Microsoft tools (Including Excel) to analyse test bed data and develop solutions to detailed issues within the Dynamometer Cells
- Essential: Minimum HND / HNC in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, 17th Edition Electrical, Instrumentation Qualified Level Engineers Considered Understanding of Engine Dynamomter Testing with Previous experience in a heavy engineering environment Operational capability to support and manage operational business requirements
- Ability to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Drawings and Schematics
- Understanding of instrumentation for Pressure, Temperature and Flow Control &
- Understanding of air flow within an Engine Test Bed Environment Ability to work alongside the operations team to assist in mechanical and electrical fitting an advantage
- Ideal: Understanding and direct previous experience of Internal Combustion Engine Cold Test Cells Understanding of In Process Test Systems for Engine Assembly, including Torque to Turn and Leak Test Stations for Cylinder Blocks and Heads
- Experience with mechanical fitter works and electrical instrumentation and fitting experience
- Experience with tuning of modulating valves and controllers
- Experience with COSHH management systems & Potential Atex Environments Previous experience with designing process systems for Diesel and or Petrol
- Must have experience in using Microsoft Excel to interpret data and Microsoft Project
- Previous experience with the following software considered beneficial: AVL PUMA, AVL Concerto, MiniTab, Diagra, INCA" EMC (Wolverhampton) & Whitley