Project Engineer - Cockpit InfotainmentApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 14 Jul 2022
Project Engineer – Cockpit Infotainment
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
As a Project Engineer – Cockpit Infotainment you will be responsible for development and delivery of state-of-the-art infotainment features to current and future road cars.
The Project Engineer – Cockpit Infotainment position requires a highly motivated and hands-on team player with an exceptional attention to detail, diligence, and a positive attitude. The fast-paced development and bespoke target platform provide a challenging environment suited to an engineer who can quickly develop skills in new areas and liaise with other engineers within a multidisciplinary team.
Working within the Cockpit Infotainment area, we are looking for Project Engineers for the following areas:
- Hardware /Software
- System Engineering
- Vehicle Electronics
- Cockpit electronics
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Engineer – Cockpit Infotainment:
- Write detailed system specifications for cockpit electronics features
- Lead integration of infotainment system features with the overall vehicle architecture
- Manage the development of multiple hardware and software suppliers to deliver infotainment features on time, on cost, and within quality and functional specifications
- Report on current activities, software status and issues at a business level
- Develop and co-ordinate DVP plans for all areas associated with cockpit electronics software and hardware.
- Ensure and sign-off launch readiness of features for production
- Test road cars with the latest features and content before release.
- Assist with fault finding and root cause analysis of software and hardware failures.
- Report bugs and create test reports
- Drive issue resolution with hardware and software suppliers
- Take responsibility for resolving infotainment issues on current production vehicles.
The ideal experience for the Project Engineer – Cockpit Infotainment:
- Several years of work experience in development and delivery of electrical and electronic systems for automotive applications
- Proven experience in one or more of the following areas – Cluster/Driver Information, Radio (AM, FM, DAB, SiriusXM, HD), Navigation, Multimedia, Connectivity, OTA, Bluetooth, Hands-Free Phone, Parking Systems, , etc.
- Experience of the Systems Development Lifecycle (V Model); writing system requirements, defining test cases, and writing test procedures.
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a professional standard.
- Be well versed in the creation and maintenance of DFMEA's
- Organised, systematic and understand the process of fault finding.
- Knowledge of CAN/LIN/Ethernet and related tools such as CANoe/CANalyzer
- Familiar with issue tracking tools (Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla etc.)
The ideal Project Engineer – Cockpit Infotainment candidate:
- Naturally technical. Able to employ fundamental engineering principles.
- Attention to detail and dedication to delivering best in class products
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours when required.
- A clean driving record and full UK license is preferable.
- Passion for the automotive industry, technology and/or infotainment would be advantageous but not essential.
To show your interest in the Project Engineer - Infotainment role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.