Project Engineer - Apex JSApply Now
Salary: £22.17 - 22.17 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 28 Jun 2018
- Product Information (PI) is responsible for the Release Planning, Validation, and Change Management (CM) of quality and timely product Bill of Materials.
- This information drives operations in multiple Product Development functions such as Programme Management, Engineering, Finance, Purchasing, Logistics and Manufacturing. PI CM Operations represents a sub-department responsible for the client Part Release and CM processes.
- The department covers strategic continuous improvement activity as well as operational delivery support.
- This role is within the operational delivery support as a Change Approval Meeting Coordinator in the first instance and will transition to a Release & Change Process Coordinator role within a 12-month window.
- Strong inter-personal skills to face-off with x-functional management at senior levels and drive best practice process and system usage.
- Strong planning, time and multi task management skills for coordinating people and part changes in-line with programme timing.
- Strong data analysis, problem solving and technical skills for solving process issues.
- Experience in large scale Product Development engineering part release and change management processes
- Experience in multi-task management, whilst interacting with surrounding personnel.
- Working with people in and out of immediate team. Experience in data analytics and monitoring process performance.
- Strong experience in MS Excel as a minimum.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment in order to meet programme delivery timings. Degree required"
- Experience in client part release and change management process requirements
- Reporting to the PI CM Process Lead, responsibilities include: Primary Role
- Identify potential process bottlenecks, carry out root cause analysis and act to resolve
- Report to central process team on continuous improvement requirements - Be Process & System experts
- Aid in deployment of a new release system and process across vehicle & propulsion programmes
- Drive process best practice consistently across programmes - Work closely with programme teams to set-up for the most effective management of part release/bill of Material update windows
- Track process performance on programmes (cycle time, right first-time submissions)
- Support programme adoption of tactical or transformational improvements Secondary Role (Split with primary role for ~3-6months)
- Change Approval Meeting Coordinator
- Coordination of process stakeholders using knowledge of the change approval process requirements to ensure quality and timely delivery of part releases according to vehicle programme development milestones.
- You will be contributing to the objective of on time launch delivery of client vehicle lines.
- Interaction with the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS) and Change Approval Meeting agenda tools to devise daily agendas for Programme CM Meetings.
- Attend and facilitate Programme Management teams in Change Approval Meetings (CAM).
- Some support in continuous improvement project work using knowledge of the Release & Change Approval Process and through the creation of performance (time & quality) metrics. West Midlands / Warwickshire based.
- Must be able to travel between sites and cover large distances on sites travelling between meeting locations. Mainly Gaydon, with possible travel to client production facilities.