Project Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 08 Jan 2019
Reference: 4259 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are recruiting for the position of Project Design Engineer, for a client who specialises in the design and manufacture of bespoke, advanced fabrications and thermal management systems. This is a permanent position based in Eynsham.
Role: Project Design Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
In this role you will be responsible for the design, development and project management of new products into either the Motorsport & Automotive Industries or the New Project Energy teams. Working closely with customers you will understand their requirements and develop a solution that meets their technical and commercial demands.
Working for a company who specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke, advanced fabrications and thermal management systems. The products you are designing and developing will need to perform to their best in harsh environments including; at extreme temperatures, in corrosive environments and when subject to severe vibration loads.
You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent CAD skills with surface modelling experience in either Solidworks and/or CATIA V5. FEA skills would be advantageous.
· Working closely with clients to understand their requirements and develop designs which can meet these requirements both commercially and technically,
· Liaising with engineering, quality and production teams to ensure your design specifications meet requirements,
· Develop tooling designs, technical drawings and process instructions,
· Liaising with customers and suppliers,
· Troubleshoot production issues and implement robust solutions.
- You will have excellent communication skills,
- Methodical approach to problem solving and excellent attention to detail,
- Experience with Solidworks and/or CATIA V5 is essential,
- Experience with SAP Business One would be advantageous.
For more information or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Stephen on 01926 424154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org