Project Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: £28k - 32k per year
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 14 Jun 2021
Project Design Engineer
A well-established, bespoke engineering company are seeking a Project Design Engineer to join their team in Warwick on a Permanent basis. Paying an excellent starting salary of up to £32,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our client established in 1992 are a leading distributor in the Engineering industry for drives and transmissions equipment. Specialising in design, repair, and refurbishment across several sectors. They are looking to expand their engineering team and are actively seeking dedicated individuals to support a range of projects.
The successful Product Design Engineer will be hard-working, passionate, and reliable and have experience working in a Design Engineer role.
This position requires a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team. You must be passionate, enthusiastic, confident, and personable with the ability to deliver to high standards under critical time restraints.
Project Design Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Design of bespoke mechanical components and assemblies which are fit for purpose.
- Develop 3D models and engineering drawings for use in manufacture and customer communication.
- Compile and maintain Bills of materials within CAD and Exchequer software.
- Verify the robustness and longevity of critical components and assemblies using basic hand calculations and basic static FEA analysis.
- Support with technical input for failure investigations.
- Assist with the generation of technical documentation for tender documents and customer support information.
- Occasional customer visits to attend technical meetings or site surveys prior to design stage.
The ideal Project Design Engineer will have:
- HND or engineering degree qualification.
- Strong engineering problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a Design Engineer role.
- Enthusiastic, confident, and personable.
- Team player with the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent MS Office skills including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to work independently or as part of an integrated team.
- Full UK driving license.
Please note that this vacancy is open to people of all ages subject to having the necessary skills and experience.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week