Program Supplier Quality EngineerApply Now
Salary: £40k per year
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 21 May 2018
Developing cars for a different tomorrow - our client has an innovation centre for future cars with the purpose of being at the forefront of new developments in the automotive industry.
The whole industry is now undergoing a transformation with new ways of thinking about the car as a product. Our client is a fast growing, fast moving and exciting company where no day is like the other - where the challenges of tomorrow is on our working table today.
Our client currently consists of some 2000 people with offices in Gothenburg and Trollhättan in Sweden.
What you will be doing:
- As part of our organization sitting at our client in Lindholmen, Gothenburg we are building up a team to support the quality assurance of our European and US supplier base.
- The Program SQE Team leads the assigned program deliverables in the company brand portfolio, from all aspects and act as the interface between the R&D organization, the production plant and the Site SQE within our client.
- The PSQE enable work to fulfil the SQE mission: "Secure that the supply base can produce and deliver parts within specification to the required volume in time".
- In this role you will be part of a diverse and experienced team characterized by people that take responsibility and initiatives to solve issues that arise.
- The team is international, and you will be working in a flexible, rapidly developing and cross-cultural environment (China/Europe/US), in an open climate with helpful colleagues around you in the SQE Europe team.
- Your task will be to lead, follow up and ensure completion of all program activities including APQP / PPAP. The role requires occasional travel to suppliers' sites and manufacturing plants.
- You will act as the primary interface between the R&D organization, the production plant launch team and the site SQE within our client organizations, assuring communication of program needs as appropriate.
- Coordinate follow-up and participate in early program sourcing activities
- Coordinate and follow up APQP/ PPAP activities
- Maintain develop the APQP and PPAP database
- Communicate status of supplier preparation and approval activities as per program defined frequency
- Manage supplier quality issues reported during program build events by using the 8D process
- Support/Participate in plant vehicle/engine launches
- Coordinate Supplier Master List (SML)
- Develop and implement work plans to align supplier and site organization resources to the project timeline.
- Achieve 100% supplier status reporting, monthly.
- Achieve 100% supplier Corrective Action Reports for any "Yellow" or "Red" deliverable and ensuring all "Yellow" and "Red" status actions have timely actions and plans for improvement.
- Achieve 100% PPAP reporting timely at required program gate.
- Complete periodic status reports and periodic gate reports in support of project timeline
The ideal candidate would have:
- A BSc. in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Good analytical and continuous improvement skills (Six Sigma / Lean).
- Good project management skills including milestone & gateways.
- Good skills in Quality processes (APQP and PAPP).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English, oral and written.
- Chinese language skills are an advantage
- We are looking for both experienced people with at least 5 years' experience working for an Automotive OEM or supplier, as well as more junior people.
What you can expect from our client:
Our client offers you an exciting and challenging job in a fast growing and developing company. They are a diverse and dynamic team, appreciating the competence and experience all their employees bring to table.
They will offer you an innovative atmosphere and culture of team spirit where sharing knowledge and finding new ways to tackle our challenges together is key. If you have an open mindset to new ways of working, and want to be part of a global and agile team, you might be their next colleague.
For more information, or to discuss the role in more details, please contact Annie on 01926 424 154 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also read a bit more about life in Sweden here.