Production engineerApply Now
Salary: £40k per year
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 22 Oct 2021
Shift: Days- 37.5 hours
Salary: Dependant on experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic, project driven, Production Engineer that is always keen for new challenges! They will be working for a growing company, based in Daventry, with a vast and extensive product portfolio. The company is privately owned, manufacturing specialist powertrain components and exhaust systems, taking the product from initial design right through to development and manufacturing. They have even branched into concepts specifically for motorsports. They are forward thinking and always looking for new innovations for the future.
They are looking for a Production Engineer with the right leadership traits and drive that they have. You will be adept at communication, have a ‘can-do’ attitude and come from an automotive background. Although reporting to the production manager, you will have training and development responsibilities for the more junior engineers. A sound knowledge of Microsoft office and familiarity with customer satisfaction processes.
Production Engineer Role:
- Project Management.
- Work to plan and report back in individual project meetings – reporting any delays immediately to line manager and project engineer.
- Responsible for all production engineering sections of ECR’s.
- Perform project specific environmental assessment.
- Responsible for converting process flow to routes and ensuring all SC/CC, quality item changes throughout process development are captured.
- Responsible for capacity analysis and apply this to design and creation process.
- Responsible for all production engineering sections of PRN.
- To be consulted at design stage for manufacturing feasibility / capability.
- Responsible for production implementation from PA release to J1 +90 days.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and problem solving.
- Review and analysis of process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Take a leading part establishing LEAN initiatives.
The Ideal Production Engineer will have:
- An automotive background with a knowledge and history of creating similar products.
- IATF16949 knowledge would be advantageous.
- Degree (BEng Mechanical) preferred or applicant with good relevant experience.
- Component design and development experience would be an advantage.
- Experience of car maintenance an advantage.
Be a spear head in the innovation and success of this fantastic company!
For a full job specification and to get yourself involved in this exciting opportunity,