Production Planner / PurchaserApply Now
Salary: £14.57 - 14.57 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 04 Jun 2021
Production Planner / Purchaser
£14.57 per hour
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Production Planner / Purchaser to join their team based in Castle Bromwich. This role is offered on an ongoing contract basis with long term opportunities for the right candidate.
The Job role will be supporting the project engineers in the engineering team in ordering the material required for all jobs and scheduling the work through the facility ensuring we meet customer demands; you will be required to talk suppliers ensuring we get the best possible prices.
Production Planner / Purchaser Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing support for the manufacturing facility
- Planning and scheduling of work through the manufacturing and fabrication departments
- Liaising with customers for delivery timing
- Negotiating with suppliers around cost and delivery
- Experienced with SAP & MyMRO/IESA
- Proven background in Transactional Buying
- Mechanical Engineering and materials experience
- Competent in Microsoft project, Excel, Word, Power apps
- Must have full UK Driving license
- Must be experienced in a previous purchasing / planning role.
- The role demands a self-starting individual with a dynamic and flexible mind set.
- Can work under pressure in a demanding role that is key to the success of the department.
- Procurement experience
- The ability to work in a team and on their own to achieve their objectives.
- Self-motivated, production orientated individuals, with proven team leading and effective communication skills.