Production ControllerApply Now
Salary: £22k - 25k per year
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 02 Jul 2020
Production Controller required to join a precision machining specialist based in Coventry paying £22,000 -£25,000PA (dependant on experience).
We are currently recruiting for a Production Controller to join a well-established team within a manufacturing discipline. The successful Production controller will be responsible for assisting with the day to day planning of material and sub-contract requirements, the efficient procurement thereof, and the timely release of internal production / engineering documentation, all necessary to optimise the flow of product requirements through the manufacturing process and ensure that delivery commitments are met.
Our client currently supplies into a variety of high-profile industries, including Automotive, Motorsport, Medical, Defence and a lot more. They have a great reputation for providing high quality, precision tooling solutions and manufacturing services to machine tool builders, users and other manufacturing industries, worldwide. Quality comes as standard to this company; they have been accredited to ISO 9001/2008 standards and continue to provide a high standard in everything they do.
The successful Production Controller will benefit from an annual salary of between £22,000 - £25,000 (dependant on experience). This position is offered on a Full Time, Permanent basis working 37.5 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Production Controller:
- Review regularly via MRP, all orders received from customers not fully issued and liaise with Sales and Engineering for clarity of requirement and to establish any preliminary special material requirements and advanced issue of longer lead.
- Run MRP daily to establish purchasing and manufacturing requirements.
- Run Scheduling daily to establish manufacturing scheduling reports to operate effectively.
- In conjunction with Engineering and Production, establish and update product structures and routings as necessary in line with engineering drawings.
- Raise, validate and release Production Work Orders and work packs in support of the MRP and/or other identified requirements complete with drawings, tee cards inspection sheets. With careful attention to correct routing, inspection processes, cost centres and planned times. (this will aid capacity planning requirements moving forward)
- Create “work to” lists and assist with the scheduling of all work through the factory to meet agreed due dates.
- Book in all Production Work Orders on completion to allow sales to be able to despatch.
- Upgrade routings in line with changes to manufacturing processes, after heat treatment processes referring to the recently introduced “route change” request sheets currently being trialled in manufacturing.
- Raise all Production Purchase Orders (TPO’s) in support of the MRP and/or other, specific concentration on materials control correct material specification, size billet or bar, or flame cut profile. (use existing stock as necessary)
- Raise all Consumable Purchase Orders (TCO’s) in support of the manufacturing requirements as identified by requisition notes.
- Progress chase PO’s and monitor supplier performance ahead of time to ensure delivery to due date (OTIF).
- Review and develop a broad database of reliable, high quality supply lines for external material, sub-contract and general services requirements at competitive prices, to ensure timely and cost-effective supplies are on hand to meet production plans.
- Assist Production in the set up and maintenance of stock minimum reorder levels on all products but most specifically on steel (both billets and bar) and pre turned blanks.
- Assist with the introduction and co-ordinate the upkeep and development of the “Two Bin System” for identified components.
- Assist with periodic stock check reporting and recording changes found in stores availability.
- Support company IT Process by assigning backup drives daily to the server and giving management a weekly drive one for off-site removal
- Co-ordinate the sale of scrap metal and the safe handling/disposal of all production waste materials.
- Make recommendations on all aspects of the workflow from receipt to despatch of customer orders to improve efficiency, eliminate waste and reduce cost.
- Maintain and report on Scrap, Customer complaints, deliveries to due date, both inwards and outwards.
- Prepare such other reports related to the duties herein as may be specified from time to time.
- Do all other things reasonably necessary to support the efficient operation of order processing and execution within the business
- The preferred candidate will come from a production engineering background ideally with experience in purchasing within a busy and demanding environment.
- This role will be “very hands on” and require someone with knowledge of manufacturing processes, highly developed organisation skills, persuasiveness, and tenacity, capable of thinking on their feet and working under pressure.
- IT skills required will include the common Microsoft Office modules i.e. Excel, Access and Word plus
- Experience of ERP manufacturing systems, preferably Javelin. MRP?
- Pro-active and a team player, he or she will regularly liaise, and when necessary visit, suppliers/sub-contractors to screen and negotiate supply lines as well as in the placement and progress chasing of purchase orders.
- Close liaison within the Sales, Design Engineering and Production departments at all levels will also be required.