Principle Engineer - Low Voltage, Small Power & LightingApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 01 Jul 2020
Principle Engineer – Low Voltage, Small Power & Lighting
Apex Recruitment is working with a Global Automotive OEM recruiting for the role of Principal Engineer – Low Voltage, Small Power & Lighting. This is an ongoing contract role.
- The role is the Principal Engineer responsible for Low Voltage, Small Power and lighting design, equipment selection and specification, installation management & supervision and commissioning.
- Covering all aspects from the substation out to the end terminal devices
- Responsible for the development of the electrical LV, small power and lighting strategy and specification and its dissemination across all technologies within manufacturing, via the technology forums.
- The strategy will be developed to include, Electrical Design Project & Site Management, Electrical Manufacture & Installation Electrical Commissioning Spares Strategy Maintenance Strategy Innovation People
- Substantial demonstrable experience in LV distribution, (design, installation, and commissioning)
- Small Power, (design, installation, and commissioning)
- Lighting, (design, installation, and commissioning).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest electrical regulatory and statutory regulation, the likes of IEE Wiring Regulations, PUWER, etc.
- Substantial experience of electrical project & site management. Familiar with running large and complex electrical projects to a very tight timescales and to high standards of site installation
- Substantial experience of electrical project commissioning.
- Familiar with commissioning and handing over large and complex electrical projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Achieving throughput metrics and quality standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IEE Wiring Regulations and holding a Regulations + Test and inspection certificate
- Holding a current HV certificate.
- Qualified to Authorized or Senior Authorized to isolate HV supplies
- Experience in Automation & Control systems including PLC and SCADA systems
- Experience in CE marking of design and product
- Experience of acting as the Principal Contractor and a full understanding of the responsibilities under this role
- Experience in HV distribution, the design, installation and commissioning of such systems
- Experience to design deliver and maintain Building Management Systems (BMS), outside of SCADA or Facmon.