Principle Engineer - Electrical AssemblyApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 01 Jul 2020
Principle Engineer – Electrical Assembly
Apex Recruitment is working with a Global Automotive OEM recruiting for the role of Principal Engineer - Machining. This is an ongoing contract role.
The right candidate will have a strong background in electrical assembly and will be responsible for leading the electrical elements of all work coming into the workshop – as well as designing the operating process and developing the skills and capability of the team in the workshop.
- Responsible for the electrical contribution to all work coming through the workshop.
- In addition to the interpretation of circuit and electrical (e.g. e-plan) drawings and planning work through the shop there will be a need to accurately estimate costs and determine competitive lead times as well as forecasting requirements for resource, raw materials and equipment.
- In addition to acting as the electrical lead for work you will be responsible for laying down the necessary processes to allow the workshop to function as a stand-alone business unit.
- As part of the offering to the customer the role will require the workshop to offer a level of buy-off with the customer, from onsite testing prior to delivery to in-situ testing and inspection and all components and systems.
- With each job completed the workshop will further develop its capabilities and maintain a growing digital (CATIA based) commodity library of standard designs to allow for ‘off the shelf’ production and, where possible, to minimise design input from project to project and maximise incremental improvement opportunities from design to design.
- Build on current services offered such as maintenance requirements, repairs and modifications to existing equipment and facilities
- Contribute to the various Make vs Buy studies for all electrical facilities to be brought inhouse.
- Maintain an open source approach to maximise our ability to leverage competition. Drive continuous improvement feedback to the design to simplify and reduce cost.
- Equipment Installation and Commissioning – Work with the ME Delivery teams from the various technologies to Install and commission in line with design requirements as well as demonstrate compliance with regulation via appropriate testing through certified bodies or using in-house certification methods. Provide the necessary input into the CE (or other future UK regulatory practice) evidence book.
- Maintenance Strategy - Working with the wider ME team develop a maintenance strategy and links with the CME teams in all manufacturing facilities.
- A ‘customer-first’ mindset and experience of all aspects of electrical engineering in an automotive equipment and facilities setting
Key skills and qualifications:
- C&G 18th edition (also Wiring Regulations)
- IOSH and safe working
- Low voltage systems
- PLC (generic, Siemens etc)
- High voltage awareness, earthing and isolation
- Maintenance and installation
- Fault finding on 3-phase, single phase, and controls
- Demonstrate a track record of quality and health & safety whilst ensuring that all local, national, and international standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Sound commercial acumen and cost awareness with the ability to add value and minimise cost.
- Relevant previous experience of maintaining and installing Production electrical equipment.
- Proven experience of vehicle build and delivery processes and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
- Experience and working knowledge of Health and Safety and ergonomics including risk assessments.
- Ability to deliver complex presentations to work groups and senior management
- Demonstrable knowledge of Legislative and Industry Standards in electrical engineering
- Thorough Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Proven Project Management Experience
- An individual who is resilient, energetic, and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
- Experience in working for or with a line builder to deliver complete automated lines.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems.
- Some experience of pneumatics