Principle Controls Engineer - ElectricalApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 25 Jun 2020
Principle Controls Engineer – Electrical
Apex Recruitment is working with a Global Automotive OEM recruiting for the role of Principal Controls Engineer. This is an ongoing contract role.
The Principle Controls Engineer will be responsible for Controls and Automation, equipment selection and specification, installation management & supervision and commissioning, covering all aspects from the control system architecture design, control panel distribution and cabling strategy, software design strategy through to installation standards and commissioning, project management and supervision of turnkey projects.
- Electrical Design – Responsible for the design of the Controls & Automation systems, starting with the system architecture and overall PLC to PC/EMC management interface, through to enterprise and local distributed intelligence. Control panel design for motor control, low voltage control distribution, safety systems and local distribution. Site installation containment and end device mounting solutions
- Project & Site Management – Responsible, as part of the wider team, for the complete management from the initial concept, cost analysis, initial and detailed design (hardware & software), site setup, operational on-site management (R&MS, supervision, snagging, commissioning and handover) and ongoing client liaison.
Be a contributing stakeholder in the development of the Manufacturing Operating System for Project Management. This is the standard operating system of how we project manage projects, including approach, procedures, how we manage timing, contractors, the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and handover phases
Electrical Manufacture & Installation – Responsible for the Make vs Buy strategy for all Controls 7 Automation systems, Electrical and power control panel manufacture (in-house or via a contractor), site installation.
- Electrical Commissioning – Responsible for the Controls & Automation (to the appropriate regulation / standard) as well as the commissioning
Review & Define the current electrical test and inspection standards and ensure they are compliant and fully implemented across the manufacturing sites. Review and define the Electrical Standards specifications to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the overall ME strategy and the business requirements. Care should be taken to ensure we are fully compliant from all regulatory and statutory regulations at all times
- Minimum of 5-years demonstrable experience in LV distribution, the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems
- Minimum of 5-years demonstrable experience in small power, the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems
- Minimum of 5-years demonstrable experience in Lighting, the design, installation, and commissioning of such systems
- Relevant previous experience of maintaining and installing LV, small power, and lighting systems
- Experience of managing multi-skilled teams in multi-shift operations in both a Manufacturing/Maintenance as well as contractors/contract labour in a construction environment
- Demonstrable and experience in the application of a logical approach to Problem Solving
- Working knowledge and experience of delivering safety metrics and the understanding safety systems applicable to plant & equipment / industrial environment
- Proven ability to work within tight deadlines & be able to manage and prioritise multiple activities simultaneously
- Experience and working knowledge of Health and Safety and ergonomics including risk assessments
- Ability to make short presentations to work groups and senior management
- Demonstrable knowledge of Legislative and Industry Standards in Automotive
- Thorough Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Proven Project Management Experience