Principal Engineer for Automation & Mechanical InstallationApply Now
Salary: £29 - 30 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 15 Oct 2020
Position: Principal Engineer for Automation & Mechanical Installation
Hours: 40 Hours per Week
Pay Rate: £29.00 – £30.00 per hour
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- This role is for a Principal Engineer for Automation & Mechanical Installation for the Manufacturing Engineering department.
- This person will be responsible for all aspects related to the installation and commissioning of manufacturing facilities through the various production processes of automotive manufacture.
- These will typically be, but not limited to, BIW, Paint or Trim and Final Assembly processes
- Typical projects may include the installation and commissioning of: Multiple Robotic cells across all technologies i.e. Joining robots, BIW Paint application robots Glazing robots
- All types of floor mounted and overhead conveyor systems and associated steelwork ASRS systems for bodies and sub assembly components Fluid delivery systems Including Fuel, Paint, and other process fluids
- You must be capable of supervising and managing all elements of project installations
- This will include: all aspects of site Health and Safety adherence to project timing plans and milestones adherence to project budgets and associated cost controls management of multiple trades on site (mechanical, electrical, software, commissioning Engineers) coordination of site activities, including working alongside other installation teams and contractors
- Whilst this role is multi-faceted, you must have experience on automation / electrical installation.
- This must include electrical installation, PLC installations, multi-system integration, networking, and specific automation commissioning.
- You must have demonstrable experience in working in Vehicle Manufacturing Plants or other similar industrial environments.