Principal Engineer - SuspensionApply Now
Salary: £30k - 40k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 26 Apr 2021
Principal Engineer - Suspension
A well-established, professional engineering company are seeking a Principal Engineer to join their team in Leamington Spa on a Permanent basis. Paying an excellent starting salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience. (Plus, pension and 24-days annual leave – increasing with service plus Bank Holidays)
Our client established in 2005 provide innovative engineering solutions to a broad spectrum of customers and market sectors. Due to the growth of their company, they are looking to expand their engineering team and are actively seeking dedicated individuals to support a range of customer focussed development projects.
The successful Principal Engineer will be hard-working, passionate, and reliable and have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an automotive development field.
This position requires a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team. You must be passionate, enthusiastic, confident, and personable with the ability to deliver to high standards under critical time restraints.
Principal Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Establishing suspension concept designs and leading the development from concept to volume production.
- Project Management control, planning and commercial management.
- Generation and presentation or project status reports and coordinating the submission of project deliverables.
- Engineering change control management
- Travel between customer sites and suppliers within the UK and Europe
The ideal Principal Engineer will have:
- Minimum 8 years of automotive engineering experience.
- HND or engineering degree qualification.
- Technically proficient in the development of suspension systems.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplined project team.
- Enthusiastic, confident, and personable.
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent MS Office skills including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to work independently or as part of an integrated team.
- Full UK driving license.
- CAD Experience, either SolidWorks or CATIA V5 would be advantageous.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience.