Principal Engineer - Mechanical InstallationApply Now
Salary: £30 - 33 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 23 Mar 2021
Principal Engineer – Mechanical Installation
Apex Recruitment is working with a Global Automotive OEM recruiting for the role of Principal Engineer – Mechanical Installations. This is an ongoing contract role paying £30 - £33 per hour depending on experience.
An opportunity has arisen to join a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for the Installations for the Manufacturing Engineering department. This person will be responsible for all aspects relating to the installation and commissioning of manufacturing facilities through the various production processes of automotive manufacture. These will typically be, but not limited to, BiW, Paint or Trim and Final Assembly processes.
Principal Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- You must be capable of supervising and managing all elements of project installations This will include:
- All aspects of site Health and Safety adherence to project timing plans and milestones
- Adherence to project budgets and associated cost controls management of multiple trades on site (mechanical, electrical, software, commissioning Engineers)
- Coordination of site activities, including working alongside other installation teams and contractors.
- Typical projects may include the installation and commissioning of:
- Multiple Robotic cells across all technologies i.e. Joining robots
- BiW Paint application robots
- Glazing robots
- All types of floor mounted and overhead conveyor systems and associated steelwork
- ASRS systems for bodies and sub assembly components
- Fluid delivery systems Including Fuel, Paint and other process fluids.
Principal Engineer - Experience required:
- This role will include the need to complete job costing of Installations, including labour and mechanical equipment.
- Whilst this role is multi-faceted, you must have particular experience on automation / electrical installation.
- This must include electrical installation, PLC installations, multi-system integration, networking and specific automation commissioning.
- You must have demonstrable experience in working in Vehicle Manufacturing Plants or other similar industrial environments.
- Full UK driving licence.
This position is a minimum of 40 hours a week Monday – Friday however flexibility is required to do overtime as required by the project.
This position is inside IR35.