Principal Engineer - Functional SafetyApply Now
Salary: up to £69,000
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 29 Mar 2022
Reference: 5359 - DB
Principal Engineer – Functional Safety
Salary: up to £69,000
We have available an excellent opportunity to join our client who is a powertrain production design and supply company working globally with world-leading automotive OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers and automotive technology centres.
Principal Engineer – Functional Safety Duties:
- Support with the integration of e-powertrain systems and solutions into the customer functional safety concept, interfacing directly with the customer; representing their interests with the internal team of technical experts and designers.
- Provide training in ISO 26262 methodologies and deliverables.
- Creation of high level FuSa documentation – Representative HARA for example customer applications, Item Definitions, Functional Safety Concepts.
- Support with development of technical safety concepts, system design specifications, hardware and software requirements, test definition and safety analysis activities to demonstrate that the product is functionally safe.
- Responsibility for the consistency between SW/HW Safety Requirements, Hardware-Software-Interface (HSI), SW/HW Architecture and Technical Safety Concept or System Architectural Design Specification.
- Collaboration in the safety analyses FMEDA and FTA
- Contribute to system and component-level safety case development, and follow industry standard techniques to ensure a robust design, e.g., DFMEA. Responsible for ensuring that mitigations identified as part of the DFMEA are assigned to and delivered by the system design.
- Liaison with, including travel, other sites in order to co-ordinate closely with system design teams and component designers and to provide functional safety support.
Principal Engineer – Functional Safety Skills required:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ demonstrable experience in an automotive or similar engineering environment, with a focus on delivery functionally safe systems to at least ASIL C requirements.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the technical implementation of functional safety (according to ISO26262 or IEC61508)
- Working understanding of automotive HV standards; design methodologies and working practices.
- Verifiable experience in System Specification; Requirements Capture/Management and Design Validation processes (EA preferred).
Principal Engineer – Functional Safety skills preferred:
- Ability to read electrical component schematics.
- Proven experience of working on automotive e-powertrain systems (such as motors; inverters; batteries/energy storage; power electronics) and understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle.
- Confident at reading vehicle wiring diagrams, and understanding component electrical interfaces, e.g., Device Transmittals; External World Diagrams.
- Knowledge of German or other European languages.
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Social events
- Free tea and coffee
- Free onsite parking
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 from home
- Early finish on a Friday
Interviews will be held initially over MS Teams followed by a face to face meeting.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Principal Engineer – Functional Safety candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team